Chartwells offers 'Balanced' vending
- The macaroni factor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p76
Highlights the casserole cookery offering of the food service market for schoolchildren in the United States. Preparations involved in the chicken primavera recipe of Debbie Terwillinger, food service manager at Sparta High School in New Jersey; Ways in which Flik International Corp. cooks...
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
Present an update on issues and topics related to food service. Food service contract won by Aramark for the Olympic Village at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece; Selection of Chartwells by Marietta College, Ohio to handle its food services; Elimination and replacement of the meal...
- Compass' Chartwell's charts new course with web site. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Chartwells, the college dining division of Compass Group USA, has unveiled an interactive web site at Southwest Texas State University. Features of the monthly online magazine `Menutainment'; Topics of the articles featured in `Nurture Our World'; Information on `Focus on Food.'
- Towson spruces up Newell Den, opens to rave reviews, record sales. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p22
Reports on Chartwells Educational Dining Services' reopening of Newell Den, a Towson University foodservice outlet in Towson, Maryland. Renovation cost; Features of the renovated foodservice outlet; Payment methods for students.
- Down with dud spuds! // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p12
Announces the debut of Chartwells Educational Dining Services' Spuds & Spice, a program offering a variety of spice blends and specialty dips for fries. Areas where the program will be available; Students' chance to build their own unique creations.
- class act. Rabat, Maria // Vegetarian Times;Aug2001, Issue 288, p13
Presents information on Terra Ve, a dining program developed by Chartwells Educational Dining Services which will be launched in several universities and colleges in the United States in August 2001. Description of the Terra Ve menus.
- Campus Farm a Hit for TTU. // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the Dining Services' composting program launched by the Tennessee Tech University in partnership with Chartwells. Since partnering with the Tennessee Tech Agriculture department in the spring of 2008, Chartwells, the university's foodservice provider, has been offering...
- Inbrief. // Food Management;Oct2005, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs related to food management. Ban on the sale of soda and other sweetened beverages in high schools by the California Assembly; Selection of Sodexho USA's Health Care Services Division as the preferred provider by Catholic Health East Inc. for nutrition and environmental...
- Improving the food environment in UK schools: Policy opportunities and challenges. Devi, Anu; Surender, Rebecca; Rayner, Michael // Journal of Public Health Policy;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p212
Childhood obesity and nutrition are high on the UK policy agenda because of their association with chronic illnesses and related costs. In 2007, to improve children's nutrition, the Government introduced new standards for all school food sources, including products sold from vending machines....