Gifford Hospital adds room service
- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Fla. hospital launches 24-hr., 7-day menus. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the debut of a 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-a-week room service menu to obstetric, labor and delivery patients in Columbia Brandon Regional Medical Center's Women's Center in Brandon, Florida. System features; Menu selections; Room service offerings.
- Carts Offer Compromise Solution. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the use of temp-controlled mobile carts at Somerset Medical Center in New Jersey which provide some of the benefits of room service without all the costs. The carts troll through the hallways carrying hot and cold meal components assembled outside patient rooms. It offers...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- People First. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
The article features Tonya Burnett, nutrition services director at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima, Ohio, and her achievements while serving the post. One accomplishment of the employee group of Burnett cited is the shift to room service for patient dining in which a call center takes the...
- FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS: Northridge Hosp. adopts contractor's room service. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Cites the implementation of the room service program of Sodexho Marriott Services at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Mechanics of the program; Potential benefits of the program; How the orders of patients and visitors are taken.
- AT OVERLAKE HOSP. IN WASH.: Boxed meals for moms pave move to a la carte. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
Deals with the boxed meals or room service offering of Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington for mothers in its maternity ward. Schedule of the food service; Cost of the boxed meals for guests; Average number of boxed meals served per day.
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- St. Francis debuts 72-item 'room service' menu. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 30, p18A
Reports on the launch of a room service program by Saint Francis Hospital, the Heart Center in Roslyn, New York.