- Thinking Big. Bailey, Jeff // Inc.;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p128
The article presents an obituary for Norbert Olberz, founder of ski-and-scuba equipment chain store Sport Chalet based in Los Angeles, California, who died in 2011.
- Hall of Fame doors open to five industry leaders. Weindruch, Larry // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p8
The article features the U.S. National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) members which will be included to the Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame. Hank Derleth became part of the sporting goods industry when he was the assistant sales manager of SandKnit in 1963. Norbert Olbertz was able to...
- Specialty Watch. // Discount Store News;7/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p6
Presents news briefs from the discount store and retail trade industry in the United States as of July 1999. Number of South Carolina convenience stores that The Pantry Inc. acquired from Dilmar Oil Co.; Appointment of Claudia Reich as vice president of marketing and distribution of Sport...
- Changing of the Guard at New Balance. Griffin, Cara // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p9
The article announces that Robert DeMartini has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of New Balance Athletic Shoe Incorporated, a footwear company based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Finish Line Taps Nordstrom Exec for Chief Merchant Role. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p11
The article announces that Samuel Sato was appointed executive vice president (EVP) and chief merchandising officer of footwear company Finish Line.
- Epstein Returns to Fila USA. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p10
The article announces several appointments and promotions for Fila USA, Incorporated. Don Epstein has been appointed president, Yoon-Soo (Gene) Yoon has been appointed chairman, and Andrea Greco is chief operating officer (COO).
- NEWS & ANALYSIS. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
The article announces that Kevin Wulff was appointed chief executive officer (CEO) of Pony International LLC and Tom Elwell was appointed CEO of Etonic Worldwide.
- Heelys Growth Continues With Three New Appointments. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p12
The article announces the appointment of three vice presidents to Heelys, Inc. Will Albers was named vice president of sourcing/Asia operations. Bob Byrne was named vice president of design and development. Jim Peliotes was named vice president of marketing.
- The Impact of Entrepreneurial Marketing and Business Development on Business Sustainability: Small and Household Footwear Industries in Indonesia. Sarma, Ma'mun; Septiani, Stevia; Ratna Dewi, Farida; Siregar, Edward H. // International Journal of Marketing Studies;Aug2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p110
Entrepreneurial marketing is a marketing approach that is more appropriate in terms of resource constraints and problems that exist in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Although the footwear industry is one of the government-supported SMEs sector in Indonesia, the development of the industry...