- 20 MINUTES TO NEW WHEEL BEARINGS. // Dirt Bike;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p41
Provides tips in replacing wheel bearings. Suggestions in the use of grease; Ways of handling bearings; Importance of checking the seal of the bearing.
- DON'T SNUB THE HUB. // Overdrive;Feb2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the significance of wheel seals and hubs maintenance for sustenance of truck performance. Selection of package axles variety and wheel ends for maintenance and repair; Seal makers and bearing makers; Equipment used for maintenance of seals standards.
- Early Warning. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on early detection of wheel-end problems. Problems with the bearing of wheels; Information on the maintenance intervals for fleet.
- How to change a wheel bearing. Hartley // Overdrive;Nov99, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p76
Explains the procedures necessary for replacing truck wheel bearings. Includes the removal of wheel and drum; Uncovering of the spindle end; Removal of the hub; Cleaning and inspection of removed parts.
- Signs & symptoms of wheel-end problems. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2011, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p16
The article presents information on signs of wheel end problems. It is stated that careful observation can reveal early signs of wheel problems bearings and can be replaced. It has been warned that failure to replace a bearing under some circumstances can result in wheel separation and create...
- Proper lubrication for longer bearing life. // Fleet Equipment;Mar97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the importance of proper lubrication to extend the life of wheel bearings. Operating conditions that affect bearings' life; Benefits of using lubricants; Kind of lubricant recommended for use.
- Self-locking ball bearing. // Design News;11/18/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 22, p54
Presents information on the Locking Ring, a self-locking ball bearing from SHAP Inc. Applications for the locking ring; Features of the self-locking ball bearing; Advantages of the locking ring.
- Axle length matters. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Equipment;Dec2009, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the effect of the 2-inches positive offset in wheels to fit the wide single tires and to maintain the same overall track width as duals. It mentions the effect of offset such as changed in the load input to the axle end and stresses in the spindles, hubs, and bearings as...
- Chapter Ten -- Wheels, Tires, Drive Belt And Pulleys -- Front And Rear Hubs. Wright, Ron // Yamaha V-Star 950, 2009-2012;2012, p243
The article offers step-by-step instructions for inspection, removal and installation of wheel hubs and bearings of Yamaha V-Star 950 motorcycle models from 2009 to 2012.