- Larger tires, wheels = opportunity. // Tire Business;7/22/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the popularity of using larger wheels and lower profile tires in vehicles. Availability of mounting/demounting and balancing equipment to handle the products safely and effectively; Disadvantages of larger wheels; Need for tire dealers to have the right equipments in their shops to...
- SMOOTH ROAD AHEAD. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;May2000, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p22
Instructs on proper wheel balancing for automobiles. Linking of smoothness of drive to well-balanced tires; Manufacturers' specification of wheel lug torque; Importance of cleanliness when installing the rotor and wheel; Effect of tire's sidewall stiffness and inflation pressure; Difference...
- Balancing it's not a black art. // Motor Equipment News;May2011, p26
The article discusses problems with tyre servicing, including rim problems, mounting issues on the wheel balancer, and the rim fitting to the vehicle being serviced.
- International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances (INN). // WHO Drug Information;2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p53
A list of names selected as Recommended International Nonproprietary Names for pharmaceutical substances is presented. The names are in Latin, English, French, Spanish. They include abagovomabum, acidum iodofilticum, aclidinii bromidum, alferminogenum tadenovecum, and beperminogenum...
- hot file. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3676
A definition of the term "hot file" is presented. It refers to a list of stolen credit cards.
- Change management of a different nature. // Motor Equipment News;Jul2009, p12
The article presents information on several pneumatic tyre product ranges being used in automobile workshops. It mentions the evolution of tyre changes such as the introduction of products with helper arms, bead breakers and bead blasters. The article also mentions the popularity of Corghi tyre...
- mailing list. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p4524
A definition for the term mailing list is presented. It refers to the names and addresses of a particular group of people compiled for marketing purposes.
- Life Sentence. Eccleston, Jeff // Teaching Pre K-8;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p68
Presents information on a definition and sentence assignment for elementary school students. Preparation of a list word auction; Discussion of the meaning of the list words by the students; Guidelines for using the words into sentence.
- HAMSPEAK. // QST;Sep2007, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p103
A list of the terms found in this month's issue of "QST," including their descriptions is presented. Tone modulated radio telegraphy is one in which a steady carrier signal is transmitted with amplitude or frequency or modulated code characters. A scope is a test instrument that displays voltage...