Curing tire, wheel woes
- Trembling trucks: The untold story. Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Jul98, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p86
Provides information on the vibration problems of trucks. Equipment used to study vibrations; Study conducted by Delco Remy engineers on truck vibrations; Approach in handling uncontainable vibration.
- New Sun Advanced Wheel Alignment System from Snap-on Shines with Technology Features. // Fleet Equipment;Jan2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p38
Introduces the SUN Model EEWA127A8 Advanced Wheel Alignment System from Snap-on Tools Company. Information on the wheel alignment system; How the Voice Align software works.
- Project Mundane. BLATTENBERG, ADAM // Diesel World;Sep2016, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p62
The article offers step-by-step instructions for upgrading wheels in the 2010 Chevrolet LMM truck.
- Developing a truck maintenance schedule. Kolman, David // Beverage Industry;Sep2004, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p90
Provides information on how to develop a preventive vehicle maintenance program for truck operators. Benefits of regularly scheduled maintenance on the reliability of trucks; Elements of effective maintenance programs; Means to avoid tire-related problems. INSETS: The--related problems;Do You...
- Wide tires. // Bulk Transporter;Feb2006, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p36
The article highlights the National Tank Truck Carriers Cargo Tank Maintenance Seminar in the U.S. In the event, Michael Burroughes of Michelin North America Inc. discussed ultra low-profile widebase single tires. He added that the tire is really a suspension mechanism that absorbs some of the...
- Maintenance management Methods for reducing costs. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p18
The article presents several insights on how to reduce the maintenance costs of the refrigerated trucks in the U.S. It advises one to perform predictive maintenance to help prevent the breakdowns. The author says that fleet operators must use a tire inflation program to keep tires properly...
- Tires and Fuel Economy: Some Basics. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Equipment;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p8
Discusses truck component selection and maintenance practices to maximize fuel economy. Fuel efficiency of radial tires at low tread depths; Interrelation of vehicle alignment and tires on fuel economy; Conducting routine inflation and visual inspections to find tire damage.
- Taking the heat. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Equipment;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the factors that increase tire temperature and contribute to heat-related tire failures in trucks in the U.S. The factors examined include the trend towards using smaller-rim-diameter tires, the tighter enclosure of various fenders, fairings and other truck body parts, as...
- DON'T' GET OVER-TYRED! Lucas, Ashley // NZ 4WD;May2008, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p61
The article focuses on the author's replacement of his Camel truck's tires. Production of Michelin XCL tires that he previously used has ceased so he had to opt for the BF Goodrich KM mud terrain tires. He discusses the features of Michelin XCL tires. He offers tips for choosing tires as well as...