The impact of FMVSS 121
- FROM SUPPLIERS. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p44
Presents products for the trucking industry. Spring brake actuators; Yokohama tires; Veriteq data logger; Labelmaster lock for securing trailers and containers.
- Shop survey. // Fleet Owner;Dec2001, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p42
Discusses the findings of the '2001 Shop Installation Survey Results Report' from the National Truck Equipment Association in the United States. Purpose of the report; Issues included in the report.
- Comprehensive Commercial Truck and Transportation Equipment Buyers Guide, Directory Published. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2001, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p62
Presents the 2001 edition of the `National Truck Equipment Association Membership Roster & Product Directory.' Its contents; Information on its distribution.
- Mirrors. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Oct2001, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p50
Describes various mirror technologies for commercial trucks. Manufacturing companies which are developing the technologies; Design and construction of several mirror technologies; Significance of LED technology for drivers and traffic administration.
- Onspot Automatic Chain Kit for Hendrickson HN402 Suspension. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2002, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p30
Features products for the truck equipment industry. HN-402 tandem axle suspension for fire trucks from Hendrickson; Model 05401 automatic tire chain system form Onspot of North America.
- Helping customers keep roads safe. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p4
The author reflects on the implication of the changes in approach to snow and ice control for truck equipment distributors in the U.S. He states that there was a 20% reduction in salt consumption of Elgin, Illinois in 2008 by salting intersections of residential streets. He points out that truck...
- SHOP EQUIPMENT. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p75
Provides information on several products designed for trucks and other vehicles introduced as of March 2000. B400T-SI computerized brake and sideslip tester from Hunter Engineering Co.; Multi-Bit Screw-drivers from Stanley; MS66IT electro-hydraulic tire changer from Beissbarth USA.
- Rebuild your stopping power. Baxter, John // Commercial Carrier Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p32
The article offers advice from truck components and equipment suppliers on the importance of proper relining in the solution of brake system problems. Bendix Spicer Foundation Brake says that the brake shoe must be reformed in a way that the curvature of the lining conforms to the shoe's curve....
- Parts added to product line. // American Trucker;Oct2014, p9
The article reports that Road Choice Truck Parts added five new product categories including brake drums, clutches, and windshields, and expanded its distribution network in North America to over 100 authorized locations.