Trucking has 'the right DNA.'
- ATA president wants to improve trucking image. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jul2003, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the need to improve the image of the trucking industry in the U.S., according to American Trucking Association (ATA) president Bill Graves. Re-affiliation of the National Tank Truck Carriers with ATA; Need to improve trucking services; Aims of ATA.
- WITH FRIENDS LIKE THIS... // Overdrive;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the role Governor Bill Graves in enhancing the trucking industry in Kansas. Selection of Graves for the presidency position of the American Trucking Associations; Effectivity of the presidency of Grave; Desire of Grave concerning diesel tax.
- ATA sets sights on next reauthorization bill. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the next reauthorization of highway programs of the American Trucking Associations (ATA). President Bill Graves announced in a conference call that they started planning for the future programs, although the current authorization will end in 2009. Graves said the group's...
- TW Calendar. // Traffic World;1/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 5, p35
The article presents a calendar of events in the freight industry from January-March 2006. The 98th Annual Dinner of the American Trucking Associations Inc. led by its president and CEO Governor Bill Graves was held at Traffic Club of Philadephia on January 31, 2006. The National Urban Freight...
- Tonnage rebounds in December. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the 3.9 increase in the December 2006 Truck Tonnage Index of American Trucking Associations (ATA). On a seasonally adjusted basis, it raised from 106.8 in November to 110.9, but it is still a 5.5% decline compared with the previous year. President Bill Graves said that the...
- Hit the Pavement Running. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/10/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p29
Discusses the efforts of Bill Graves, former Kansas Governor and American Trucking Associations (ATA) president, to revitalize the downsized trade organization without legacy worry. Graves' career background; Legacy in Kansas; Graves' assets not previously owned by past ATA presidents.
- Trucking has 'the right DNA'. Weber, Rick // Refrigerated Transporter;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p31
The article discusses the view of Bill Graves, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Trucking Associations Inc. (ATA), regarding the status of trucking industry in freight movement in the U.S. He said that looking at the economic data, it appears that the industry's...
- Volvo promotes greater truck productivity. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2009, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p16
Information about the environmental seminar of trucking industry in the U.S. is presented. Topics include the greenhouse gas emissions mitigation of trucks and production efficiency in U.S. freight by 2020. The seminar featured several truck industry executives including Leif Johansson, Bill...
- From the hills of Tennessee. // Overdrive;Jan99, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p111
Features the 1998 Kenworth W900 truck from Grave's Trucking in Lenoir, Tennessee owned by Bill and Penny Graves.