Initiative aims at interoperability standard
- ATM LAUNCHES $1 MILLION COMPUTER LANGUAGE STANDARDIZATION EFFORT. // American Machinist;Mar2007, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p72
The article reports on an initiative to develop a standard that would set a common computer language for manufacturing machinery launched by the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT). The board of directors of AMT has approved a two year, $1 million investment to start the effort. The...
- UC Faculty Approve Change in Admissions. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the endorsement granted by the University of California (UC) faculty on a change in the admissions policy of the university. University policy on student admissions; Factors considered when admitting students at UC campuses; Criticisms on the proposed changes in the admission policy.
- Machine Tools Contribute $1 Trillion. // Quality;Mar2001, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p22
States that traditional economic measures of productivity alone do note reveal the economic benefits of machine tools and related advanced manufacturing techniques, according to a study by the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT). Contributions of machine tools to productivity;...
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Remained Sluggish in October. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;12/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the decrease in manufacturing technology orders in the U.S. in October 2015 based on the data from the trade group Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT).
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Up More Than 5% Over Last Year. // MAN: Modern Applications News;11/12/2014, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on data from the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT) which shows that U.S. manufacturing technology orders for September 2014 totaled 647.63 million U.S. dollars. Topics covered include a comparison of the figures from the data of last year, U.S. manufacturing...
- Manufacturing technology. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/10/2014, pA02
Manufacturing technology orders sank 20.4% in April vs. March, said the Assn. for Manufacturing Technology, but rose 9.8% on the year. The year-to-date total is up 3% year-on-year.
- AMT Works Toward An Interoperability Standard. Korn, Derek R. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p40
The article reports on the decision of the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT) to lead an endeavor to develop a common interoperability standard to allow manufacturers to collect, transmit and leverage data from discrete manufacturing equipment. It says that the AMT board of directors...
- UC Revives Discussion of Dropping SAT. // Black Issues in Higher Education;01/18/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the development of preliminary proposals for changes in the University of California's admission including the recommendation for the elimination of the scholastic aptitude test (SAT) in Berkely, California. Aims of the proposal.
- A rock is a clock: physicist uses matter to tell time. SANDERS, ROBERT // Chemistry in Australia;Apr2013, p5
The article reports on the discovery of Holger MÃ¼ller, an assistant professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley, on how to tell time by counting the oscillations of a matter wave in which he referred as a Compton clock. It notes that eventhough MÃ¼ller's Compton clock is...