Diesel truck technician scholarship applications accepted until June 1
- Half-century mark. // Fleet Owner Blog;3/10/2014, p31
The article announces the 50th anniversary celebration of NTEA-the Association for the Work Truck Industry in 2014, with a brief history of the organization.
- Southern California carrier groups to begin meeting in bid to address independent truckers'... // Traffic World;1/10/94, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p44
Reports on a meeting by Southern California carrier groups in a bid to address independent truckers' grievances. Meeting between the California Trucking Association and the Southern California Steamship Association; Benefits of the meeting; Impact of the creation of the southern...
- Applications available for truck technician scholarships. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p27
The article announces that the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) is taking applications for a diesel truck technical scholarship to Wyotech technical college in Wyoming and Pennsylvania. Applications must be submitted by August 18, 2006. The scholarship offering is part of the TMC...
- Chairman of Council addresses N.I. Members. // Textile Institute & Industry;May1974, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p157
The article focuses on the address given by F. C. Brown chairman of council of the Textile Institute in Great Britain. Brown opened the address by stating that the institute existed because of and for its members and that as chairman of council, he was always grateful for the chance to achieve...
- No Contest. Cannon, Bill // Motor Age;May2004, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p4
Emphasizes the importance of taking up business education to technicians and shop owners. Assessment on two examples of shop owners; Information on several associations that offer business education; Encouragement to shop owners to take up business education.
- calendar. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p19
Presents a calendar of conventions organized by various trucking association in the U.S., from July 14 to November 17, 2004. Truckload Carriers Association Refrigerated Division Annual Meeting; Great American Trucking Show; National Private Truck Council National Safety Conference; American...
- A Plea for the University Tradition. Carey, James W. // Journalism Quarterly;Winter78, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p846
Comments on the goal of the Association for Education in Journalism in the U.S. Accounts on the contribution of the organization to scholarship; Remarks on the matters that relate to journalism and communication; Emphasis on the problems of professionalism.
- SCHOLARSHIP, PROFESSIONALISM, ACTIVISM: TOWARD THE RESOLUTION OF A TRILEMMA. Work, William // Spectra;Feb1970, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
This article emphasizes the significance of scholarship, professionalism and political activism to the Speech Association of America (SAA) for the improvement of the quality of speech education. The SAA commitment to excellence in scholarship has been substantial and popular. In the life of an...
- IAAP NEWS. // OfficePro;Apr2005, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p29
Presents news briefs on the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) in the U.S. as of April 2005. Information on the 2005 IAAP Convention and Education Forum in Denver, Colorado; Update on the growth programs of IAAP chapters; Contributions being sought for the IAAP...