- TV Azteca to buy stake in La Red. Sutter, Mary // Variety;12/08/97, Vol. 369 Issue 5, p45
Reports that Mexico-based TV Azteca plans to purchase a majority stake in a television network in Chile called, La Red.
- TV Azteca lands 75% of La Red. Ehrmann, Hans // Variety;01/19/98, Vol. 369 Issue 10, p70
Focuses on Mexico-based TV Azteca's completion of the purchase of Chilean broadcaster La Red from newspaper group Copesa.
- CHANNEL 40, TV AZTECA SPLIT. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;07/19/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 31, p13
Reports that Mexico City's Channel 40 has ended its two-year association with TV Azteca in a flurry of bitter accusations.
- It's a new Latitud for Azteca in Guatemala. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Variety;3/31/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 7, p19
The author reports on the purchase of the Guatemalan television network Latitud TV by the company TV Azteca SA de CV. According to the article, the purchase of Latitud will allow TV Azteca to become involved with the television markets within Guatemala. Other agreements which TV Azteca has had...
- Development dials up. O'Boyle, Michael // Variety;10/1/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 7, pA18
The article focuses on the television broadcasting industry in Mexico. According to the article, the television network Televisa is claiming almost 70 percent of the television audience. The article reports that Televisa has plans to create an American-style television series, although ratings...
- Little Azteca Grows Up. Downey, Kevin // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the efforts of Hispanic TV network Azteca America, owned by TV Azteca, to compete with Spanish-language networks as of June 2005. Percentage of viewers growth expectations of the network; Subscription of the network to the Nielsen Hispanic Television Index; Revenue outlook for the...
- With boss missing, future looks bleak for broke weblet. O'Boyle, Michael // Variety;7/11/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the problems facing Mexico's independent TV network CNI Canal 40 as of July 2005. Plan of creditor TV Azteca to file bankruptcy proceedings for the network; Arrest warrant issued for the network's owner Javier Moreno Valle; Amount of debt owed by the network to Azteca.
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;07/24/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 9, p21
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting as of July 24, 2000. Sale of the television program `Boot Camp' by Granada Creative to Fox network through reality producer LMNO Production; End of the two-year partnership between Channel 40 and TV Azteca; Plans of Rogers Communications to...
- Dispatches. Woods, Mark; Mathur, Arti // Variety;06/21/99, Vol. 375 Issue 6, p31
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting on June 21-27, 1999. Information on the strategy of regionalization adopted by CNN International to increase its viewership across the Asian market; Details on the joint venture of TV Azteca with its investment partners; Information on the...