Treatment efficacy: Voice disorders
- Applying research. Verdolini, Katherine // ASHA;Winter97, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p34
Assesses the effectiveness of voice disorder treatment with Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT). Jerry as a photographer who has impaired speech due to sclerosis; Developments on Jerry's treatment; Improvement on intelligibility; Encouragement to do home exercises during treatment.
- TREATMENT OF VOCAL FOLD SCARRING: RHEOLOGICAL AND HISTOLOGICAL MEASURES OF HOMOLOGOUS COLLAGEN MATRIX. Thibeault, Susan L.; Vangroll, Patrick J.; Kreisel, Kevin J.; Chan, Roger W.; Bless, Diane M.; Suzuki, Tatsutoshi; Ford, Charles N. // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Oct2002, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p884
Focuses on the treatment options for dysphonia secondary to vocal fold scarring in the U.S. Improvement of the dynamic properties of the lamina propria; Measures of homologous collagen matrix; Differences in elastic shear modulus or dynamic viscosity.
- Errata. // Classical Singer;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
Two Corrections to the articles "Stroke and Voice Therapy: One Singer's Personal Journey" in the December 2012 issue and "An Early Start" in the October 2012 issue are presented.
- Telehealth: Voice Therapy Using Telecommunications Technology. Mashima, Pauline A.; Birkmire-Peters, Deborah P.; Syms, Mark J.; Holtel, Michael R.; Burgess, Lawrence P.A.; Peters, Leslie J. // American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology;Nov2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p432
Studies voice therapy using telecommunications technology. Epidemiology of speech, voice or language disorder in the U.S.; Problem of accessibility to speech-language pathology services.
- Clinical Evaluation and Treatment of Vocal Disorders. Kereiakes, Thomas J. // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Jul96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p240
Focuses on the clinical evaluation and treatment of vocal disorders. Identification of factors aggravating the condition or worsening the vocal quality; Technological advances in treating laryngeal pathology; Physical examination.
- Evaluation and Treatment of Resonance Disorders. Kummer, Ann W.; Lee, Linda // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Jul96, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p271
Presents options for the evaluation and treatment of resonance disorders. Normal resonance and velopharyngeal function; Types of resonance disorders include hypernasality, mixed resonance and hyponasality.
- The Voice Box. GATES, RACHAEL // Pitch Pipe;Oct2012, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p22
The article offers tips on how to treat hoarseness which is a general term which describes abnormal voice changes.
- Stimmausbildung und Terlusollogie. Schleussinger-Hirzel, Nelly; Gruber, Klaus; Seidler-Winkler, Birgitta // Forum Logopadie;sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p75
No abstract available.
- Voice after laryngectomy. Gleeson, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/4/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6818, p2
Examines the efficacy of laryngectomy in restoring the voice quality of cancer patients. Effects of inability to speak; Determinants of satisfactory esophageal voice; Percentage of fluency rates in treated patients.