`Twin language:' A risk factor for language impairment?
- Heritability of poor language achievement among twins. Tomblin, J. Bruce; Buckwalter, Paula R. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb1998, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p188
Examines heritability as a basis of poor language achievement among twins. Comparison of monozygotic and dizygotic gene pairs; Heritability analysis of poor language among twins with normal nonverbal intelligence quotient; Dimensionality of language behaviors and underlying causal systems.
- Abbreviations of Works by Wittgenstein. Moyal-Sharrock, Danièle // Philosophia;Dec2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p563
The article lists the abbreviations of works by Ludwig Wittgenstein, which include BB as "Blue and Brown Books," LE as "Lecture on Ethics," and PO as "Philosophical Occasions."
- High Heritability of Speech and Language Impairments in 6-year-old Twins Demonstrated Using Parent and Teacher Report. Bishop, Dorothy V. M.; Laws, Glynis; Adams, Caroline; Norbury, Courtenay Frazier // Behavior Genetics;
Previous twin studies have demonstrated high heritability of specific language impairment (SLI) when the diagnosis is based on psychometric testing. The current study measured the effectiveness of parent and teacher ratings of communication skills in identifying heritable language impairment....
- Discordant sex in monozygotic XXY/XX twins: a case report. Tachon, G.; Lefort, G.; Puechberty, J.; Schneider, A.; Jeandel, C.; Boulot, P.; Prodhomme, O.; Meyer, P.; Taviaux, S.; Touitou, I.; Pellestor, F.; Geneviève, D.; Gatinois, V. // Human Reproduction;Dec2014, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p2814
We report a case of discordant phenotypic sex in monozygotic twins mosaic 47,XXY/46,XX: monozygotic heterokaryotypic twins. The twins presented with cognitive and comprehension delay, behavioural and language disorders, all symptoms frequently reported in Klinefelter syndrome. Molecular zygosity...
- Introduction. Moyal-Sharrock, Danièle // Philosophia;Dec2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p557
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on"Making the Unconscious Conscious: Wittgenstein versus Freud," by Frank Cioffi, "Coloured Vowels: Wittgenstein on Synaesthesia and Secondary Meaning," by Michel ter Hark, and "Wittgenstein and Situation...
- Language Problems and Language Planning. Wenwen Li; Haitao Liu // Language Problems & Language Planning;Summer2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p151
As one of the most authoritative journals in the field of language planning, Language Problems and Language Planning has a long history. In this paper, we describe the development and changes that the journal has experienced in different periods, the characteristics that have remained constant,...
- EMPIRICISM AND THE PRIVATE LANGUAGE ARGUMENT. Davies, Kim // Philosophical Quarterly;Oct81, Vol. 31 Issue 125, p343
Explores the possibility of a private language. Radical empiricism used in the argument against private language; Uses of a private language; Alternatives to classical empiricism.
- The Problem of Private Language. Abdullahi, M. // Metaphysik;Spring/Summer2014, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p1
The issue of private language entered in the scope of philosophy by Wittgenstein. In his important book, Philosophical Investigations (1953), he argues that the private language is impossible. According to him, the pervious systems of philosophy like Rationalism, Empiricism, Idealism and even...
- CHISMES. // Caribbean Business;7/2/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p42
The article highlights several businesses and economic events in Puerto Rico. The federal and local authorities have closed down the schemes of a multimillion-dollar mortgage fraud in the country. Puerto Rico Insurance commissioner RamÃ³n Cruz has promoted the International Insurance Center...