A Quick Buck
- OVER THE HEDGE. McLean, Bethany // Vanity Fair;Apr2009, Issue 584, p80
The article discusses investment managers Randal Nardone, Wesley Edens, and Robert Kauffman, all of whom led the Fortress Investment Group to its initial public offering (IPO) in 2007. The story of the men and their hedge fund, the author indicates, assists in explaining why hedge funds are...
- New and old schools meet in leisure education program. // Parks & Recreation;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p88
Presents an interview with Dr. Robert Kauffman, coordinator of the Park and Recreation Resource Management program at Frostburg State University, on a master's degree program at the school and an updating of the field on the national school concept. INSETS: Typical travel requirements.;A...
- Say What!? Deja Vu at Sony and Sotheby's? // AR Magazine;May2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p30
The article presents quotes from Third Point's Daniel Loeb on the situation of electronics manufacturer Sony, Fortress Investment Group's Michael Novogratz on an auction at Sotheby's and Eclectica Asset Management's Hugh Hendry on the Japanese stimulus package.
- Fortress ends macro strategies; Novogratz leaving at year-end. WILLIAMSON, CHRISTINE // Pensions & Investments;10/19/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p36
The article reports that the Fortress Investment Group has announced the closure of its flagship of its global macro fund strategies and the retirement of Michael Novogratz as chief investment officer of the company on October 13, 2015.
- Fortress Liquidates Flagship Hedge Fund. Whyte, Amy // AiCIO News;2015, p14
The article reports that global investment management firm Fortress Investment Group LLC will close its Fortress Macro Fund and managed separate accounts due to losses in 2015 that lead to the retirement of its chief investment officer Michael Novogratz.
- What's the matter with Florida? FRAILEY, FRED W. // Trains;Dec2014, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p14
The article presents the author's comments on All Aboard Florida, which is the brainchild of Wesley Edens, co-founder and chairman of Fortress Investment Group LLC, which owns FEC Railway and FEC Industries. It is stated that when Florida East Coast Industries proposed its plan to run 16...
- Special Section: Online Social Connections: Efficiency Versus Regulation. Clemons, Eric K.; Dewan, Rajiv M.; Kauffman, Robert J.; Weber, Thomas A. // Journal of Management Information Systems;Fall2015, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
The article offers brief profiles of authors Robert J. Kauffman, Thomas A. Weber, and Eric K. Clemens who contributed to the writing of the journal.
- Electrosonics Founder Retires... Rimmer, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan2001, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p18
States that Robert A. Kauffman has retired as president of Electrosonics. Co-founding of the company; Location of facilities; Installation of cockpit upgrades and inflight entertainment systems.
- Fortress ends macro strategies; Novogratz leaving at year-end. WILLIAMSON, CHRISTINE // Pensions & Investments;10/19/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p0036
No abstract available.