The 1% Club
- THE WORLD'S TOP TEN Billionaires. Kroll, Luisa; Goldman, Lea; von Zeppelin, Cristina; Fass, Allison; Hessel, Evan; Hoppough, Suzanne; Huang, Patricia; Kitchens, Susan; Miller, Matthew; Minami, Kiyoe; Serafin, Tatiana; Stone, Andy; Swibel, Matthew; Blakeley, Kiri; Brown, Heidi; Doebele, Justin; Dolan, Kerry A.; Flannery, Russell; Poland, Forbes; Russia, Forbes // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p46
Lists the top billionaires in the world. Microsoft software tycoon Bill Gates; J. K. Rowling, author of a series of Harry Potter novels; Donald Gordon, founder of South African Liberty Life insurance company.
- SELF-MADE WOMEN. Kroll, Luisa // Forbes Asia;Mar2013 Special Issue, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p90
The article offers information on the top 10 females in the 2013 FORBES billionaires list. Rosalia Mera, the cofounder of fashion retailer Inditex, is the wealthiest self-made woman in the world. China's Wu Yajun started property development firm Longfor in 1994 and made it a national brand....
- Bright Lights, Big Money. // Forbes Global;7/7/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p54
Presents a ranking of U.S. celebrities in terms of earnings as of July 7, 2003. Jennifer Aniston; Oprah Winfrey; J. K. Rowling; Jennifer Lopez.
- the secrets of their $ucce$$. // Cosmo Girl;Apr2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p146
Presents the success stories of several celebrities in the United States. Director Steven Spielberg; Talk show host Oprah Winfrey; Singer Madonna; Author J.K. Rowling.
- MERA UPS MEDIA PROFILE. Hopewell, John // Variety;6/27/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the entry of Fundacion Paideia, a company owned by Spanish billionaire Rosalia Mera, in television broadcasting in Madrid, Spain. Stake owned by Mera's capital company Rosp Corunna in several studio firms, including Continental Productions; Background of the businesswoman; Views of...
- Billionaire club takes beating. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;3/12/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 47, p4
The article offers information on the billionaires in the media and entertainment world, as revealed on the 23rd annual Forbes World Billionaires list. According to the report, media person Oprah Winfrey jumped from No. 462 to No. 234, with her estimated net worth rising from $2.5 billion to...
- Oprah Joins the Billionaires' Club. Miller, Samantha; Abel, Olivia; Bell, Carrie; Benet, Lorenzo; Biermann, Rachel; Comander, Lauren; Dodd, Johnny; Ellenson, Ruth Andrew; Felder, Rachel; Helling, Steve; Hemphill, Sophia; Jordan, Julie; Lang, Anne; Michael, Neil; Sider, Don; Williams, Kelly // People;3/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p54
In March 2003, Oprah Winfrey became the first black woman, and only the third self-made woman, to officially join the billionaires' club, claiming spot number 427 on 'Forbes' magazine's annual list of the world's richest people. Winfrey owns more than 90 percent of Harpo Incorporated, whose...
- CELEBRITY 100. Badenhausen, Kurt; Blakeley, Kiri; Fass, Allison; Haines-Stiles, Sasha; Kellner, Tomas; Newcomb, Peter; Pomerantz, Dorothy; Pulley, Brett; Schupak, Amanda; Kafka, Peter // Forbes Global;7/4/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p26
Presents the top 100 celebrity millionaires in the U.S. in 2005 based on the seventh annual Celebrity 100 List of the "Forbes Global" magazine. Talk show host Oprah Winfrey; Actor Brad Pitt; Author J. K. Rowling; Athlete David Beckham; Musician Shania Twain.
- Robert Johnson And Oprah Winfrey Make Forbes' List Of 400 Richest People In America. // Jet;10/22/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p37
Reports that Robert Johnson, the first African American billionaire in the U.S., and Oprah Winfrey have been listed among the 400 richest people in the United States by 'Forbes' magazine.