The Ruias Return
- Goodbye, Dalal Street. Nayak, Mahesh // Business Today;4/8/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p50
The article reports that the Essar Group is delisting its three listed companies in the Indian stock market. The companies are Essar Oil, Essar Steel and Essar Shipping. Vice president for Corporate Affairs Manish Kedia said that the delisting will give the company more flexibility in operation...
- Ravi Ruia Steps Down as Chairman Of Essar Energy. // India -- West;12/30/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, pB2
The article announces that Essar Energy PLC chairman Ravi Ruia will resign from his position effective January 21, 2012 due to allegations of suppressing facts related to equity holdings of Essar Group in Loop Telecom Ltd.
- LOAN SECONDARY ADVANCERS AND DECLINERS. // Leveraged Finance News;4/28/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p11
A list of top ten secondary loan advancers and decliners as of April 24, 2014 are presented which includes Scandic Hotels, Charter Comm Operating and Essar Steel.
- Failure of the Month. // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the failure of India's Essar Steel to meet payments on an international bond. Details on its inability to secure emergency funds from domestic financial groups; Views of banks on the issue.
- Specialized Steel Products for the Interior and Architecture Sector from Essar Steel. // MGS Architecture;Aug2013, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p64
The article presents information on the wood-finish steel products launched by steel products manufacturer Essar Steel.
- Essar Energy Chairman Ravi Ruia Steps Down. SANDLE, PAUL // News India Times;12/30/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 52, p16
The article reports on the temporary resignation of Essar Energy PLC (ESSR.L) chairman Ravi Ruia over allegations of India's Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) which allegedly states that he had suppressed facts on the extent of Essar Group holding in Loop Telecom Pvt. Ltd.
- Bid to break trade ice. KASTURI, CHARU SUDAN // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);12/24/2015, p8
The article reports on a pact signed by industrialist Shashi Ruia with Russian oil firm Rosneft in Moscow, Russia and discusses the bilateral economic relations between India and Russia.
- India's Essar Steel Closes $1B Securitization. Ossa, Felipe // Structuredfinancenews.com;11/24/2014, p2
The article reports on the conversion of the rupee debts of industrial company Essar Steel in India to longer-term dollar loans securitized against its export receivables in 2014.
- Shifts in the Pyramid: Rank 16 to 25. // India Today;4/11/2011, p22
The article presents a list of the top ranking Indians in terms of popularity, or political and economic power, and explains how their position in that rank have changed as of April 2011. Those featured include Shashikant and Ravi Ruia, both industrialists who employ 70,000 people, and stand at...