- MONSTER MAKES A PLAY FOR THE CHINESE MARKET. Zappe, John // Workforce Management;Mar2005, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the acquisition of ChinaHR.com in China by Monster Worldwide in 2005. Comments of Joseph G. Shaker, CEO of Shaker Recruitment Advertising & Communications, on the benefits of the acquisition for recruiters; Advantages of the acquisition to ChinaHR.com; Amount paid by Monster to...
- The China Hedge. Cramer, James J. // Inc.;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on investing in Chinese companies to avoid competition. Efficiency of Chinese people in creating products; Background on the operation of Chinese company 51Job Inc.; Information on several U.S. companies that operate in China.
- The View. // Recruiter;Sep2012, Special section p3
The article outlines the three leading components to enhance the competitiveness of job markets in Great Britain.
- Job Search Resources. // China Career Guide;2011, p1
The article reviews several job search web sites in China including http://www.chinahr.com/ from ChinaHR.com Corp., http://www.zhaopin.com/ from Alliance Consulting Ltd. and http://www.cjol.com/ from Jobs Online China.com.
- Recruiters launch search for standards in a cutthroat, competitive market. Kirkland, Joel // Prague Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p13
Reports the launch of a set of ethics and standards in a cutthroat competition for highly skilled workers. Creation of industry association to establish and enforce standards; Participation between recruitment agencies in the discussion; Assertion on fair competition.
- 51JOB. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/11/2015, pA02
51JOB ([STOCK[NASDAQ:JOBS]]) Q3 EPS grew 17% to 41 cents, beating by 8 cents. Revenue rose 12% to $82.6 mil, topping views for $78.7 mil. The Chinese job site sees Q4 EPS of 39-42 cents vs. views of 43 cents.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2008, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p217
The article offers world news briefs. Science Applications International Corp. has won a $254 million four-and-a-half-year contract from the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency to provide support services for its National Media Exploitation Center. Symantec has agreed to buy British online...
- Is being best being global? HAYWARD, GUY // Recruiter;Aug2012, p18
The article argues against whether a recruitment agency is best when it is dominating globally.
- California scrambles to recruit nurses. // OR Manager;Jan2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
The article reports that some headhunters in California routinely make cold calls to nursing stations at rival hospitals as competition to hire nurses in the state has become intense. Other agencies have been sending direct mail appeals. The move is part of the hospitals' compliance to the...