The End Is Near
- The 4-1-1 on Cellular Safety. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p25
Features the book `Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age,' by George Carlo and Martin Schram. Background of Carlo; Development of cell phones in the United States; How Carlo originally viewed Wireless Technology Research project.
- Carlo's health registry opens amid criticism. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the Web-based registry that will collect health complaints from cell phone users launched by epidemiologist George Carlo. Remarks of Carlo on the launching of the registry; Problems caused by Carlo to the wireless industry; Plans of Carlo for the registry.
- Basestation tests meet guidelines. // Electronics Weekly;8/20/2003, Issue 2112, p6
Reports on the result of mobile phone basestations tests in a number of sites in Great Britain as of August 2003. Emission levels found based on the guidelines set by the International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection.
- Revisiting Radiation & Health Issues. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p18
Offers opinion on the concern about the effects of radiation from the increasing number and density of wireless networks. Mistake of cell phone users about radiation from cell towers; Consequence of the efforts of cell phone users to limit cell tower deployments; Analysis to reduce worries...
- WTR Head Calls For More Wireless Health Research. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the health research conducted on the possible link between cell phone use and incidence of cancer. Importance placed by George Carlo, chairman of the former Wireless Technology Research (WTR) LLC on health research; Tension between Carlo and CTIA which provides funding for WTR;...
- Mobiles phones and health. OLSEN, JØRN // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jan2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the author's opinion on the health hazards of mobile phones and public health studies related to them. According to the author, exposure to non-ionizing radiation from mobile phones depends on various factors including the distance from base stations, the type of phone,...
- Wireless lawyers suffer setbacks in RF lawsuits. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the setbacks suffered by the wireless communication industry in the United States from health related lawsuits in 2001. Relation between brain cancer and cellular telephone use; Proliferation of legal efforts to address the issue; Criticisms of activists on the radiation guidelines...
- Checker Reads Cellular Radiation. Kumar, A. // Microwaves & RF;Feb2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p76
Deals with the use of radiation checkers to measure the radiation levels from wireless handsets. Design of radiation checkers; Principles of operation; Effectiveness in measuring cellular-handset radiation.
- Reduction of the Mutual Coupling Between Two Planar Inverted-F Antennas Working in Close Frequency Bands. Diallo, Aliou; Luxey, Cyril; Le Thuc, Philippe; Staraj, Robert; Kossiavas, Georges // Automatika: Journal for Control, Measurement, Electronics, Compu;2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3/4, p113
This paper presents a solution to reduce the mutual coupling between two Planar Inverted-F Antennas (PIFAs) working in close frequency bands: DCS1800 (1710-1880 MHz) and UMTS (1920-2170 MHz). The antennas are positioned on the top corner of a ground plane whose size is representative of the...