- Village roadshow pumps Asian muscle. Groves, Don // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the plan of the company Village Roadshow to build cinemas in India and in Malaysia. Aim of the company to be the leader in motion picture exhibition in Asia Pacific region; Reception of the Asian market to Western films; Financial benefits derived from the development of cinemas in Asia.
- Village Roadshow plans Czech plexes. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;12/19/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on Village Roadshow's plan to open three cinema multiplexes within a year in Czech Republic.
- VRL continues Euro exhib'n exit. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/24/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 49, p12
Reports that the Australian entertainment firm Village Roadshow Ltd. has been divesting itself of under-performing cinema assets. Assets and locations of assets that have been sold.
- ROADSHOW SELLS OFF PLEXES IN 3 COUNTRIES. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;04/24/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 39, p4
Reports that cinema operator Village Roadshow Cinemas International has sold its cinema assets in Europe to reduce its debt. Net proceeds after paying debts; Names of firms which bought the screens.
- Roadshow rides to Greece. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter;12/5/95, Vol. 340 Issue 6, pI-3
Report that Village Roadshow Ltd. confirmed that it has made its first push into Europe with a 10-screen multiplex in Athens, Greece. Planned sites over five years; Site description.
- Australian link for Warner Bros. operations in UK and Germany? // Cinema Technology;Oct1996, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses the joint venture of Warner Bros. (WB) and Village Roadshow Ltd. for operating multiplex cinemas. WB operates 135 screens on 15 sites in Great Britain and 17 screens within two locations in the Ruhr Valley of Germany. On the contrary, Village Roadshow's entry into the Great...
- Beverly Hills or bust. Ries, Ivor // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/29/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6383, p58
The article author analyses financial condition of cinema chain Village Roadshow Ltd. Village Roadshow has staked its future on unearthing successful U.S. Robert and John Kirby, the heirs to Australia's largest cinema chain fortune, inherited control of publicly listed Village Roadshow Ltd from...
- Exhibs cozy up to protect biz. Groves, Don // Variety;05/03/99, Vol. 374 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on developments related to cinema chains in Australia as of May 3, 1999. Negotiations between Village Roadshow and Hoyts Cinemas about merging their operations in markets outside the country; Greater Union's plan to increase the number of its cinemas in Germany.
- Screen surge submerged by saturation in global market. Groves, Don // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, pA2
Assesses the state of the international cinema-building industry as of March 3, 2003. Overview of the operation of Village Roadshow; Box office status in Hong Kong; Reasons being cited by UA Cinemas general manager Bob Vallone as contributing factors to the ailing local economy.