- Adipic on the rise. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p33
The article addresses the growing adipic acid market as of May 2006. According to sellers, the bullish tendency of the adipic acid market has been provoked by a tight supply position, coupled with strong demand both in Europe and in Asia. With a number of planned maintenance shutdowns hitting...
- Nylon chain consolidation needed. Victory, Mark; Guevarra, Vladimir // ICIS Chemical Business;10/21/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that European polyamide chain consolidation is required to counteract the effect of Asian capacity coming on stream. It is said that profit margins will not improve until consolidation in the chain has been established. Market players expect that permanent closures will be...
- New report from Roskill: The Economics of Magnesium Metal. // Chemical Business;May2008, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p68
The article reports that China's domination of the world's magnesium industry continues to grow in both supply and demand, following the closure of Norsk Magnesium's plant in Canada in 2006. Chinese production accounted for 77% of global output of about 860 kilotons in 2007. Magnesium projects...
- Closing for business. Slavnich, Dean // Automotive Engineer;Nov2004, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p13
Examines the closing of various automobile plants around the world. Dismissal of employees; Production decline; Business forecasts.
- 124th ANNUAL SURVEY & OUTLOOK: MAGNESIUM. Clow, Byron B.; Garber, Felicia // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar93, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p37
The article discusses the market condition of the magnesium industry in 1992, and forecasts the market activities for 1993. Inventories decreased in 1992, while attendant prices rose due to plant closures and increase in demand. There were announcements of production curtailments among...
- Benzene players set to face tough battle in Q4. Koh, Quintella; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p27
Presents an outlook on the benzene market for the fourth quarter of 2005. Decline of the benzene-naphta delta; Key factor behind the excess supply of benzene; Benzene plants that are scheduled to shutdown in October.
- VCM set to remain stable in 2004. // Asian Chemical News;12/15/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 427, p23
Predicts the prices of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) products in 2004. Plan of Formosa Plastics Corp. to shutdown its plant in Mailiao, Taiwan in February 2003; Influence of high freights on VCM demand and supply; Impact of capacity expansions on PVC producers.
- Demand drives ethylene. // Asian Chemical News;12/13/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 472, p9
Reports on an increase in the demand for ethylene in the U.S. in December 2004. Effect of Dow Chemical's shutdown of Union Carbide plants on the ethylene industry; Contract prices of the product in November; Outlook for chemical prices and margins in 2005.
- China ACN prices set to rise on reduced output. RUAN, IVY // ICIS Chemical Business;12/10/2013, Vol. 282 Issue 17, p16
The article reports that the prices of acrylonitrile (ACN) in China might continue to increase in December 2012 because of the tight supply and lower production rates. It states that the prices of domestic ACN were assessed at $2,006-2,039 per tonne. It mentions that the start-up of 130,000...