CONVERTERS FIND PET DUTIES TAXING
- EC visits China in PET dumping probe. // Asian Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 417, p6
Reports on the visit of the European Commission (EC) officials in China in mid-September 2003 to investigate the alleged dumping of polyethylene terephthalate bottle-grade chip by Chinese companies into the European market. Duration of the dumping investigations in the region; Schedule of the...
- PET coalition steps up battle over dumping. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;4/26/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p4
PET makers in the U.S. have turned up the heat on foreign resin imports by filing an anti-dumping petition and a countervailing duty request with the U.S. International Trade Commission. In the March 24 petition, the U.S. PET Resin Producers Coalition asks the government to determine if PET...
- PET Rises on Strong Demand, Lower Imports. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/30/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p39
Reports that strong demand and reduced imports from Asia have helped the U.S. polyethylene terephthalate (PET) producers raise prices and improve margins. Increase in PET prices for June and July 2004; Average margins of PET expected in 2004; Effect of anti-dumping duties on Asian PET imports...
- S. Korea to extend anti-dumping duties on PET films. // Chemical Business;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p77
The article reports on the announcement by the South Korean finance ministry that South Korea plans to extend anti-dumping duties on polyethylene-terephthalate (PET) films imported from China and India for three more years in an effort to protect local manufacturers.
- China's Antidumping Regime. Grace, David R.; Herwig, Alexia; Feng, Yao // World Trade;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the antidumping duties imposed by China. Number of antidumping cases the country has initiated against foreign imports since 1997; State agencies in which Chinese antidumping actions proceed simultaneously; Substantive elements in an antidumping investigation. INSET: Antidumping...
- Commerce Dept. effects antidumping duties on imported prestressing strand. // Concrete Products;Aug2003, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the U.S. Department of Commerce's announcement of preliminary antidumping duties on prestressed concrete steel wire strand imports from various countries. Imposed antidumping duties by amount and country.
- Anti-dumping duties on Korean, Thailand PSF imports. // Colourage;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p104
Reports that the Designated Authority set up in the Indian Commerce Ministry to probe dumping cases recommended that anti-dumping duties be imposed on imported polyester staple fiber from South Korea and Thailand.
- The dumping debate: Global trade gets ugly. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p32
The article on the move of the Chinese government to get involve in 88 anti-dumping and countervailing probes covering 10.3 billion U.S. dollars worth of products.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Film, Sheet, and Strip From Taiwan: Preliminary Results of Antidumping Duty Administrative Review. Piquado, Paul // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 151, p46704
The article presents the preliminary results of an administrative review of the antidumping duty on polyethylene terephthalate film, sheet, and strip (PET Film) from Taiwan. It states that the review, conducted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, covers Shinkong Synthetic Fibers Corp. (SSFC) and...