SELLERS DISGRUNTLED OVER BI-MONTHLY C2 HIKE
- Strong summer for ethylene. Vasnetsov, Sergey // Asian Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 461, p9
Discusses the market trends in the ethylene industry in the U.S. as of September 2004. Reason behind the increase in volume demand; Increase in production; Ethylene contract prices; Factors affecting the increase in spot prices.
- Ethylene demand--and prices--up. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the global prices of and demand for ethylene. According to Deutsche Bank AG, prices of ethane from June-July 2006 increased by 17 percent and by 55 percent from February-July 2006. Deutsche Bank is also anticipating producers to be successful in enforcing their planned two...
- US ethylene contracts settle at 29-month high on tight supply. Dietrich, John // ICIS Chemical Business;10/13/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that the contracts of ethylene in the U.S. have settled at 29-month highs in August 2014. Topics covered include the tight supply of ethylene in the U.S. as well as the increase in its price from August to September. Also mentioned is the decline in the derivative operating...
- Domestic Ethylene Market Stays Strong. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;11/29/99, Vol. 256 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the improvement and growth of the ethylene market in the United States (US) for 1999. Analysts' warnings on the ethylene market for 2000; Impact of the growth in ethylene demand in Europe for the US market; Recovery of ethylene inventories in the US.
- First Ethylene Demand Fall in Nearly 20 Years. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p38
Focuses on the decline in the demand for ethylene for the year 2001. Role of the weak derivatives market in the decline; Impact of the decline on the industry's performance in the United States.
- Supply Crunch Spurs Ethylene Glycol. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;2/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 6, p6
Reports the marketing performance in the ethylene glycol products. Rate of glycol prices in Asia; Positive outlook in the global supply situation; Viewpoints from the chemical industry on the glycol situation.
- PE BUYERS GET MORE THAN THEY BARGAINED FOR. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 44, p38
The article provides information on the performance of the polyethylene (PE) industry in Europe. Prices have rallied since most grades rolled over with strong demand and tightening supply supporting increases. However, their ascent came to a halt in October 2006 and with the scheduled cracker...
- EG Producers Forecast 'Good Years' Ahead. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/6/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p28
Presents an outlook for the ethylene glycol market in 2006. Status of the demand and margins for ethylene oxide derivatives; Spot prices of ethylene glycol; Increase in the contracts of monoethylene glycol.
- Ethylene Prices Poised to Rise on Planned Outages. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;8/29/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 21, p29
The article reports that ethylene prices in North America are expected to rise in the 2011 third quarter due to upcoming cracker turnarounds. Among producers scheduled for maintenance in September and October 2011 are Formosa Plastics' plant in Point Comfort, Texas and ExxonMobil Chemical's...