Weak US TiO2 dents European hopes
- Paint prices likely to see an uptick. // Chemical Business;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
The article reports on a forecast that paint prices will increase in India in May 2012. Industry officials attributed the price increase to the impact of duty reduction in titanium dioxide, a raw material for the industry. They also predicted an increase in demand for paint. Meanwhile,...
- TiO2 Producers Seek Higher Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/9/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p25
The article reports on the increase in the price of titanium dioxide for the third quarter of 2006. DuPont, Lyondell Chemical, and Tronox are separately seeking increases for Europe and North America. Weak demand early in the year blocked attempts of producers to raise prices in the first half.
- Ti02 demand, prices should increase. PAFFORD, JEREMY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/8/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p13
The article reports that demand and prices of titanium dioxide (TiO2) should increase in the coming quarters of 2013, says Huntsman chief executive officer (CEO) Peter Huntsman. It states that fourth quarter of 2012 has seen TiO2 return in Asia, and destocking of supplies has ended. Moreover,...
- Titanium Dioxide news. // Paintindia;Dec2011, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p146
This section offers news briefs relating to the titanium dioxide industry in India. The prices of titanium dioxide in the Indian domestic market remains firm due to encouraging market demand. Tronox Inc. has announced price increases for all Tronox titanium dioxide grades effective January 1,...
- Huntsman announces titanium dioxide price increases in Asia-Pacific. // Paintindia;Jan2010, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p142
The article reports on global prices increases announced by the Pigments division of Huntsman Corp. for all its titanium dioxide pigments.
- TiO2 Producers Seek More Increases. Hwee Sim, Peck // Chemical Week;1/5/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on factors that contributed to the decision of producers to increase the price of titanium dioxide as of January 2005. Expected increase in the demand of titanium dioxide in 2005 and 2006; Plan of DuPont to increase its plant capacity in Taiwan and Mexico to meet the projected demand...
- TiO[sub 2] prices on the rise across the globe. Guzman, Doris De; Terry, Larry; Parmar, Amandeep; Wei, Ng Hun // ICIS Chemical Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 2, p22
The article provides information on the increase in prices of titanium dioxide (TiO2) due to less supply and high demand globally. It states that the suppliers of paint makers are importing expensive acrylics and other raw materials therefore driving the price of paints. It also states the...
- Dow's polymer cuts TiO2 use in paint. GUZMAN, DORIS DE; Terry, Larry // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p22
The article offers information on Dow Chemical Co.'s new acrylic-based precomposite, which is designed to reduce titanium dioxide use in architectural paints by 10-20%. Dow Chemical plans to gain from the tightening supply and continued price rise for titanium dioxide worldwide with its new...
- Ti02 Costs More. // Plastics Technology;May2005, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p86
Reports on the prices increases implemented by DuPont Titanium Technologies for its titanium dioxide pigments on April 1, 2005.