LDPE growth in Borealis plans
- Novy Urengoy LDPE project. // CIREC Monthly News;Jan2013, Issue 266, p12
The article reports on the construction of low density polyethylene (LDPE) plant at the Novy Urengoy Gas Chemical Complex in Russia, which could be completed in 2014.
- PE dawn at Borealis. // Chemical Week;11/1/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 16, p30
Reports on the activation of one of two reactors at Borealis' polyethylene (PE) plant at Porvoo, Finland. Plan to start up second reactor in November 1995; Plant's use of proprietary loop reactor.
- Borealis to introduce Borstar PE technology at Stenungsund. // Chemical Business;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p87
Reports on Borealis' plan to upgrade one of its low pressure polyethylene plants at Stenungsund, Sweden. Use of a loop reactor based on Borealis' Borstar PE biomodal technology; Significance of the plan to Borealis.
- Palagan invests Â£1m in blown film business. // Packaging Magazine;4/1/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p18
Reports on polyethylene specialist Palagan's investment in a three-layer co-extrusion line to manufacture blown film for sheet and bag applications in packaging, bulk handling and manufacturing. Capacity to produce high performance polyethylene in sheet form, lay-flat or gusseted tubing; Key...
- Borealis brings LDPE unit in Sweden back on line. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses a low density polyethylene (LDPE) plant in Stenungsund, Sweden owned by the chemical company Borealis, which restarted production in September 2012 after planned maintenance.
- Borealis Opens LDPE Plant; Borouge 2 Starts up. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the opening of the low-density polyethylene (LDPE) plant of Borealis at Stenungsund, Sweden. The 502.3-million U.S. dollar facility will support the leading position of the company the wire and cable market. Company chief executive officer (CEO) Mark Garrett noted that...
- Tecnimont scores contract. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 61, p27
The article reports on the contract won by Tecnimont to build Borealis low density polyethylene project in Stenungsund, Sweden. The â‚¬47.5 million deal covers the engineering, procurement and construction management services until mechanical completion, which is expected by the third...
- Borealis & Borouge showcase LDPE & HDPE grades for healthcare packaging solutions. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p74
The article discusses the launch of the Bormed LE6601-PH low density polyethylene (LDPE) and the Bormed HE9601-PH high density polyethylene (HDPE) from Borealis AG and Borouge, and describes the features of the products.
- LldPE. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p43
The article presents information on linear low density polyethylene (lldPE). llDPE is a thermoplastic that is used in blends with lDPE. Its short chain branching gives it higher tensile strength, puncture and anti-tear properties which makes it suitable for film applications. llDPE producers in...