Saudi PE unit will open in 2008
- Stone & Webster Lands Ineos Saudi Cracker Deal. // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the appointment of Stone & Webster (S&W) to carry out preliminary engineering work for the ethylene project at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia by a joint venture between Ineos and Delta Oil Co. The factory will be an ethane- and propane-fed cracker, and will use S&W technology. It...
- Sadara fits ambitions. DAVIS, NIGEL; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;8/1/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that the U.S.-based Dow Chemical Co. and state-run oil company Saudi Aramco Oil Co. are setting up their joint venture Sadara Chemical in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The companies expect to start earning 500 million dollars annually within five years of the start-up of the...
- Seventh ethylene glycol plant is prepared by Sabic. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2072, p31
Reports the plans of chemical company Sabic to build its seventh ethylene glycol plant at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Production capacity of the facility; Significance of the project to Sabic; Project partners of Sabic.
- Sabic to Build Second EG Plant at Al Jubail. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/6/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the construction of ethylene glycol (EG) plant by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. in Al Jubail, Saudia Arabia. Use of technology from Scientific Design Co. at the EG facility; Addition to the Jubail United Petrochemical Co.
- Saudi Ethylene progresses on refinancing. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/14/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 50, p15
The article looks at the effort of petrochemicals company Saudi Ethylene & Polyethylene Company (SEPC) to secure refinancing for two loans totaling around one billion dollars from banks Banque Saudi Fransi, Samba Group, and Saudi British Bank (SABB), as of December 2012.
- Basell set to take quarter share in Al-Jubail complex. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p23
The article reports on the joint-venture agreement signed by Basell for a planned integrated ethylene and polyethylene (PE) complex in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia, with partners Tasnee and Sahara Olefins Co. Basell will have a 25% equity share in the project, and the remainder will be held by Tasnee...
- Mitsubishi Boosts Stake in Sharq Petchems Project. // Chemical Week;5/25/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 18, p19
Reports on the decision of Mitsubishi Corp. to increase its stake in its Saudi Arabian petrochemicals joint venture Sharq, as it plans to build an ethylene plant in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia in 2008.
- SIPCHEM LINKS WITH HANWHA IN $1.1.-BILLION JOINT VENTURE. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/20/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 19, p18
The article reports on the agreement signed by Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (Sipchem) and Hanwa Chemical to establish a petrochemical joint venture (jv) at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Sipchem will own 75 percent of the jv while Hanwa will own 25 percent. The plant is expected to start...
- SABIC AND MITSUBISHI RAYON PLAN SAUDI MMA JV. Young, Ian; Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/17/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 21, p19
The article reports on the agreement signed between Sabic and Mitsubishi Rayon to form a joint venture that will produce methyl methacrylate (MMA) and polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) in Saudi Arabia. The joint venture will require a 1 billion U.S. dollars investment. Production at the proposed...