How to sustain a green regime
- What's the Earth Worth? Cerrillo, Erendira // New Moon;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p24
Promotes the use of recycled environmentally-friendly products to help save the Earth.
- Green -- the new black. Challener, Cynthia // ICIS Chemical Business;8/31/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 7, p18
The article focuses on the development of new products and processes by manufacturers of fibers and textile chemicals to improve the sustainability of textile production. Clothing manufacturers and retailers are pressuring suppliers to adopt more eco-friendly practices, and transformation is...
- Bright future for the supply chain. JENSEN-KORTE, UTA // ICIS Chemical Business;7/18/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p35
The article discusses the importance of chemical distributors for chemical industries in the world, and focuses on the expected growth of chemical supply chains.
- Supply Chain Management: Changing The Status Quo in Chemicals. Vlasimsky, Stan // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p29
Discusses findings of an Accenture research concerning supply chain management in the chemical industry in the United States. Link between financial performance and supply chain management practices; Chemical companies' record in supply chain transformation relative to other industries;...
- CBA highlights opportunity. NEWPORT, PETER // ICIS Chemical Business;7/21/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the mission of the Chemical Business Association (CBA), focusing on analysis of the chemical distribution market and risks and opportunities for smaller supply chain firms.
- Industry Eyes Big Savings from Supply Chain Collaboration. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/2/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the potential benefits of implementing a range of initiatives to strengthen the supply chain of European chemical industry according to the findings of industry working groups presented at the European Petrochemical Association and Cefic 32nd annual logistics meeting held in Berlin,...
- Recognizing risk in the supply chain. CHANG, JOSEPH // Chemical Market Reporter;5/8/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 18, p20
The article focuses on the increase risks in the supply chain of the chemical industry due to the rapid globalization. North America Trade sales head at Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking Stuart Roberts claim that the chemical industry has benefited from massive globalization. According...
- European chemical supply-chain: threats and opportunities. McKinnon, Alan; Braithwaite, Alan // Logistics & Transport Focus;Apr2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p30
This article discusses findings of an initiative established by the European chemical industry in December 2003 to examine opportunities for using supply-chain management to enhance competitiveness. European chemical companies have difficulty maintaining their favorable situation as a result of...
- Production Decisions in remanufacturing with uncertain return and demand. Zhang Fuan; Hu Kongfa // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 988, p751
In this paper we analyze a reverse supply chain system that satisfies the market demand with remanufactured products. Demand is assumed to be random and the expected return is to be price-dependent. A firm needs to make recovery and production decision in the face of this uncertainty. We analyze...