5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Markets Watch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;3/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p38
This section presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 2006. CIM Chemicals has announced a price hike for methacrylamide sold on behalf of Mitsui Chemicals Inc. Meanwhile, Helm has signed an agreement to market Milazzopropylene from Kuwait Petroleum Italia's joint venture Milazzo...
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p7
The article presents world news briefs on the chemical and pharmaceuticals industry as of April 23, 2007. Solutia has completed the second phase of its expansion at its polyamide-66 resins and compounds manufacturing plant in Pensacola, Florida. Phenol importers in China express their resistance...
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;8/30/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p37
This section offers news briefs in the basic chemicals and plastics sectors, including the start of operations at LyondellBasell's high density polyethylene (HDPE) plant in MÃ¼nchsmÃ¼nster, Germany, the startup of Shenhua Coal Baotou Coal Chemicals' polypropylene (PP) plant in Inner...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 27, 2001. Sale of Acordis' fine chemicals business unit at Leek, England to Belgian chemicals group Tessenderlo; Agreement between Dead Sea Bromine Group and Daihachi Chemical Industry for the marketing, sales and development of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p12
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of March 2004. Unit to be closed by Shell Chemicals at its chemical plant in Geismar, Louisiana; Increase in the prices of Albemarle flame retardants; Price increase for Dow Chemical's resins in Europe.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;12/13/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 41, p14
The article presents business and finance news related to the chemical industry. Albemarle says it has nominated global price hikes of 5%-10% for certain Saytex-brand flame retardants used in polyurethane foams and other materials. American Vanguard subsidiary Amvac Chemical says it has acquired...
- specialities. // Chemical Week;10/13/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 33, p40
Presents an update on price level changes in the chemical industry as of October 2004. Increase in the prices of flame retardants of Albermarle and Lanxess; Rise of the prices for specialty chemical products.
- Chemtura, Albemarle Raise Prices. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p43
This article reports on the decision of Chemtura and Albemarle to increase the price of its flame retardant chemicals. Chemtura says it has nominated 20% to 40% price increases on a wide range of brominated flame retardant grades worldwide, effective October 1, 2005 where contracts allow....
- Profit warnings proliferate. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;9/26/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Chemtura Corp. as an effect of Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. Percentage of decline in the third-quarter earnings; Indication of a stock price cut; Implementation of significant price increases in flame retardants.