PTA boost for Shanghai
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p34
Presents updates on the chemical industry worldwide as of May 2004. Plan of Sachem to expand its tetramethylammonium hydroxide capacity; Clearance given by state-aid regulators in Brussels, Belgium to a grant awarded to Dow Pet by the German government; Plan of Samsung Petrochemical to increase...
- BP to Quit PTA Venture with Samsung. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/26/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 25, p18
The article reports that BP has decided to sell its 47.41% stake in purified terephthalic acid (PTA) joint venture Samsung Petrochemical (SPC). The Samsung Group is the other leading shareholder in the jv, also with 47.41%. SPC operates four PTA plants split between Ulsan and Daesan, Korea, with...
- BP to sell stake in Samsung Petrochemical. Watts, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;7/24/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the plan of BP to sell its 47.41 percent stake in the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producer Samsung Petrochemical Corp. (SPC), its joint venture with Samsung, in South Korea. According to David Miller, president of the global PTA business of BP, his company and Samsung...
- Samsung Petrochemical, PSE to jointly develop high-performance PTA technology. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Mar2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p76
The article reports on the agreement between purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producer Samsung Petrochemical Co. (SPC) and gPROMS modeling technology firm Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) concerning a joint development of new high-performance technologies for PTA production. Both companies have...
- Take stock of turmoil. BEACHAM, WILL // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 22, p5
The author reflects on the decline in prices and low demand in chemical prices and the need for chemical companies to have long-term views for growth and profits. He states a number of supply chains are purchasing the bare minimum to fulfill contractual obligations due to expectations prices...
- NEW PROJECTS. // Asian Chemical News;8/30/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 458, p20
Presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry in Asia as of August 2004. Expansion of a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant of Samsung Petrochemical in Daesan, South Korea; Construction of a methyl tertiary butyl ether unit of Dongming Petrochemical in Heze, Shandong, China; Delay of...
- Amoco to increase its stake in Korea. // Chemical Business;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p74
Reports that Amoco is planning to increase its 35 percent share in Samsung Petrochemicals. Worldwide PTA production capacity of Amoco; Samsung Corp.'s plans to reduce its interest in Samsung Petrochemicals.
- SGL and Samsung form carbon composite materials JV. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;7/1/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 18, p16
The article reports that, as of July 2013, the petroleum chemical company Samsung Petrochemical Co. Ltd. and the carbon manufacturer SGL Carbon SE have formed a marketing and sales joint venture for carbon fiber composite materials that will be known as Samsung SGL Carbon Composite Materials.
- SGL Group and Samsung Establish JV for Carbon Composite Materials. // China Chemical Reporter;7/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p9
The article reports that Samsung Petrochemical and carbon company SGL Group have established a marketing and sales joint venture named Samsung SGL Carbon Composite Materials to develop industrial applications with carbon composite materials for Samsung and market in Korea.