Calls to end RAG political squabble
- RAG/Degussa gain a result. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p9
The article reports that a final agreement on ending German coal subsidies has removed all related financial problems from the path of the initial public offering planned by energy group RAG with Degussa. The author claims that without the irrevocable agreement, the listed energy ahd chemicals...
- Credit markets hit RAG, Degussa. Zwirn, Ed // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that the delay of an initial public offering (IPO) for RAG, the parent company of Degussa has directed the European credit default swap market to speculate that Degussa's credit rating from Moody's Investors Service will decline below investment grade. According to the report...
- Degussa to Divest Dmc2 Business. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/05/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 23, p5
Discusses the plan of Degussa-Huls company to divest its Degussa Metals Catalysts Cerdec AG business. Details on the spinoff; Possible initial public offering by Degussa Dental GmbH & Co.
- RAG's takeover of Degussa goes ahead. // European Chemical News;2/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2039, p7
Reports on the approval of the corporate takeover of Degussa by coal and chemicals company RAG. Details of the acquisition deal; Information on both companies.
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 2006. The board of Degussa has endorsed the takeover bid by energy firm RAG. Spolana, a Czech polyvinyl chloride and caprolactum producer, has received preliminary offers for 82% of the company. The average daily chemicals...
- EU Approves RAG's Degussa Takeover; Disposals Are Delayed. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p18
Reports that the European Commission approved the purchase of a majority stake in Degussa by coal mining firm RAG as of December 4, 2002. Terms of the deal; Implications; Plans for Degussa.
- RAG Bid 'Undervalues' Degussa. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p19
Reports on the tender offer of RAG to acquire a majority stake in Degussa. Remarks of Degussa on the bid; Effects of the offer on the stock price of Degussa.
- RAG's Degussa Takeover Could Run Into Delays. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/22/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p6
Reports the issues confronting the takeover of control of Degussa by RAG AG in Germany. Impetus to the delay in the takeover process; Initiative of RAG to cope with the delay; Progress on the court hearing regarding the merger of Ruhrgas with E. ON, parent company of Degussa.
- RAG finalises Degussa squeeze-out. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p10
This article reports on the takeover of Degussa by energy group RAG in Frankfurt, Germany. This deal ends the dispute with hedge funds. RAG has squeezed out Degussa's remaining free-float shareholders. The hold-outs will receive â‚¬45.11 per share for their holdings. They can also buy 25% of...