Rebalancing for Taxable Accounts
- Taxation and Household Portfolio Behavior. Poterba, James M. // NBER Reporter;Spring2004, p18
Presents the results of studies which suggested that current income tax rules as of spring 2004 in the U.S., have an important effect on household investment decisions and portfolio management behavior. Benefits of capital gains tax to investors; Importance of tax considerations in year-end...
- HOW TOâ€¦ manage all your ISA investments. Liladhar, Kesh; Cheetham, James // GP: General Practitioner;3/9/2007, p46
The article discusses general practitioners (GPs) in Great Britain investing in individual savings accounts (ISAs) to maximise their annual allowance. The authors inform that ISAs are a popular investment because of the tax breaks, there is no income tax or capital gains tax to pay. GPs have the...
- Plan now for the Budget and for the year end too. // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p48
Advises British investors to review their portfolios in relation to capital gains tax (CGT) payables for the period 1985 to 1986. Information on CGT exemptions; Application of indexation; Indemnification rules; Indexation allowance for securities pools; Gilts and corporate bonds; Capital...
- TAX Î±LPHA. // Accounting Today;Dec2014, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses various tax alpha including the combination of portfolio rebalancing and tax loss harvesting, and taxable short-term capital gains.
- ask the experts. // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2004, Issue 10, p46
Presents pieces of advice to a couple who are in their 20s on how to handle their immediate financial commitments and achieve their long-term family goals. Solution for lack of equity; Ways to reduce taxable income; Need for selling investments that will result in the least amount of capital...
- Show me the money. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;8/11/2011, p34
The article focuses on the taxation of income generated by portfolios in the main tax wrappers in Great Britain. It states that the abolishment of the tax provisions originally adopted for dividends from open-ended offshore funds causes the removal of tax credit for investors on dividends taken...
- Be tax wise. Sanderson, Tim // Money Management;9/16/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p26
The article offers tips for Australian clients temporarily living overseas on how to save on capital gains tax (CGT). It requires clients to analyze shares and managed funds to determine whether it is likely to be more beneficial to pay CGT upon leaving the country. It recommends that if a...
- Beat the bite. Brtitton, Jason // Money Marketing;7/15/2010, p16
The article shares the author's views on the impact of the end to higher-rate tax relief on pensions and a dramatic rise in capital gains tax.
- The Equity-Income Menu. // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Sep2006, Vol. 2 Issue 8, Special section p13
The article offers information on taxes leveled at investment income. It begins by discussing the types of income and how each type is taxed. The article then offers a menu of income-generating equities for the investor to choose from and discusses each type, giving definitions and examples.