Global Investing in Other Countries
- Global Investing: Are We There Yet? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses Americans' historical investment preference towards domestic stocks and funds and states there is an increasing trend towards international investments. Amount invested in stock funds domestically and internationally in the years 2004-2006 is given. Returns for mutual funds...
- Ellerston de-lists fund. Levy, Benjamin // Money Management;9/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p10
The article reports on the plan of Ellerston Capital to de-list its Ellerston GEMS Fund from the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) as a result of its disappointing trading price. It states that the net asset value of the fund stood at $2.33 per unit on July 31, 2008, compared to its ASX...
- ASIA RISING. Korn, Donald Jay; Scott, Matthew S. // Black Enterprise;Oct2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p46
Provides information on several country, regional and diversified emerging markets funds in China and India. Loss incurred by Eaton Vance Greater India; Rate of return posted by AllianceBernstein Greater China; Percentage of Matthews Pacific Tiger's holdings in the two markets; Views of Bill...
- Key data: INREV. // EuroProperty;6/4/2007, p13
The article presents information on the INREV Vehicles Database. It is reported that 17 non-listed funds with a total asset value of 19 billion euro have been added to the database, making it a total of 478 funds at the end of April 2007. Single-country funds still make up the vast majority of...
- ETPs garner $90bn over best quarter in five years. Berry, Michael // Fundweb;7/3/2014, p8
The article reports that the exchange traded products (ETPs) earned 90 billion dollars over best quarter in five years. Among the single-country funds, Italian and Spanish exposures gathered 700 million dollars combined. The European Central Bank's moves have attracted more investment. Fixed...
- From financial novice to mutual fund manager--one doctor's transformation. Prasad, Rajendra // Medical Economics;04/12/99, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p271
Traces a doctor's transformation into a mutual fund manager. Three decades in the health care industry; Management of a financial newsletter; Formation of a mutual fund.
- Two-Year Triumphs. Revell, Janice // Fortune;3/5/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p204
Offers information on mutual funds that rewarded investors in 1999 and as the stock market dropped in 2000. Alleghany /Veredus Aggressive Growth, managed by Tony Weber and Chuck McCurdy; Calamos Growth, managed by John Calamos Sr., FMI Focus, managed by Ted Kellner and Rick Lane.
- SAFE BETS. Lallos, Laura // Money;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p71
Provides a list of fund managers that have figured out how to minimize risk without sacrificing returns and are regarded as safe investment bets by 'Money' magazine for 2002. Contact information, minimum investment and expense ratios for American Funds' Capital Income Builder, Dodge & Cox...
- The Global Game. Dunnan, Nancy // ABA Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p102
Explores options in investing overseas. Single country funds; International mutual funds; American multinational stocks; Individual foreign stocks.