- Uninsured On The Rise To Some 43.4 Million. FISHER, MARY JANE // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/12/98, Vol. 102 Issue 41, p11
Highlights the assertions of a report released by the United States Department of Commerce about an increase in the number of medically uninsured individuals in the country. Demographic characteristics of uninsured individuals; Figures on the annual average increase in the number of uninsured...
- Exit strategy. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;7/1/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that nine of the 32 Pioneer accountable care organizations (ACO) have expressed their plan to leave the program, which comes after it was launched by Medicare in January 2012 under the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Medical Economics;5/7/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p13
The article presents statistics related to health insurance in the U.S., including the number of Americans that can be fined for not having health insurance, the government penalty collections on uninsured individuals and the number of new enrollees in Medicaid.
- In the spotlight: The uninsured. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/18/2007, Issue 323714, Special section p10
The article focuses on the growth of the uninsured people in California in 2006. According to the Center for Disease Controls, National Center for Health Statistics department, the number of uninsured persons increased in the first nine months of the year. It was found out that the percentage of...
- Growing concern. Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;9/14/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p7
The article discusses the report by the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies, which shows that New Hampshire's population without health insurance is increasing. Steve Norton, the center's director, said that the quarterly "Index of the Population lacking Health Insurance," is climbing...
- PUBLIC HEALTH. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;06/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on some issues about health insurance facts, eligibility age for Medicare and occurrence of heart disease in the Southeast. Statistical number of risky habits on United States health care cost; Percentage of aged Americans lacking in health insurance; Findings of Centers for Disease...
- Uninsured Still On The Rise, Survey Finds. FISHER, MARY JANE // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;02/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p21
Provides information on a survey conducted by the Health Insurance Association of America (HIAA) on the number of uninsured persons in the United States. Factors that would contribute to the increasing number of uninsured; Comments from Chip Kahn, president of HIAA; Cost of employment-based...
- Survey finds mixed trends for health care insurance. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Dec1997, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p8
Presents the result of a study on the number of people covered by health insurance plans in the United States. Statistics for 1995 and 1996; Number of people without health insurance; Views of Paul Fronstin, principal researcher for the study.
- Health care barometer. // AHA News;05/05/97, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p4
Presents graphs on the at-risk rate of Americans not covered by health insurance. Limited access of low-income women without insurance to health care; Minority adults as more likely to be uninsured.