The Disability Disconnectâ€¦
- You're going to need life insurance. // Benefits Selling;Sep2010, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p64
The article presents statistics on life insurance in the U.S., including the percentage of Americans who believe life insurance is a need, the percentage of life insurance applicants who qualify for standard or better rates and the major factors affecting life expectancy.
- Disabled by my illness and my insurer. Murphy, David Michael // Medical Economics;07/10/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 13, p115
Relates the authors experience in failing to claim disability benefits in the United States. Doctor's problem with persistent sleepiness; Effect of the health condition on the physician's practice; Filing of a disability claim based on the condition.
- Disability insurance one of the most overlooked areas of coverage. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/12/94, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p24
Focuses on the significance of disability insurance as an employee benefits coverage. Concorde Personnel Inc. and Concorde Temporary Staffing Inc. president Anita Greenwald's experience; Increase in number of small business owners signing up for disability insurance; Group disability policies;...
- Short-term disability benefits. Simpson, Hilery // Compensation & Working Conditions;Summer97, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p52
Focuses on short-term disability benefits and its implications to the employees entitled thereto in the United States. Primary types of sick leave; Methods of employers in funding sickness and accident plans; Waiting period of sickness and accident plans.
- Disability Coverage: A Mystery To Many. De Simone, Marcella // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/9/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 49, p23
Explores the coverage of the disability insurance. Failure of full-time employees to make specific planning for their financial security; Need to increase disability benefits education for employees; Role of insurance advisors in evaluating the existing level of knowledge of employees about...
- Disability insurance can be one of the most important benefits offered to employees. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/20/98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, Focus p7
Focuses on the benefits of offering disability insurance to employees. Features of disability insurance; Benefits of combining group and individual disability insurance policies; Tips on implementing a combination plan.
- Disability benefits for employees in private pension plans. Bell, Donald; Wiatrowski, William // Monthly Labor Review;Aug82, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p36
Explores disability benefits for employees in private pension plans in the U.S. Immediate and deterred benefits; Long-term disability insurance; Requirements for eligibility to social security disability benefits; Illustrative benefits among various types of plans; Participants in pension plans.
- Employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance. Hill, Diane B. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul87, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance. Results of an employee benefits survey; Eligibility requirements; Benefit formulas in long-term disability plans; Income ceilings and benefits; Survivor benefits; Employee contribution; Most common types of additional income included...
- The danger of living with the 60 percent illusion. Terry, Gary // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p5
The article discusses the misconception of proprietary disability income plan which is designed to protect highly compensated employees which is covered by 60% of their annual compensation.