Addressing closure project cost with integrated logistics simulation
- Site closure requires sophisticated planning tools. Burdge, Larry F. // AACE International Transactions;1999, ENV p08.1
Reports the site closure of the Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons Facility in Rocky Flats, Colorado. Presentation of problems from the closure of Rocky Flats Site; Estimated inventory of cleanup materials; Operation of an integrated project management system by Kaiser-Hill Co.; Parts of the...
- Nuclear funds neglected. Schwimmer, Anne // Pensions & Investments;10/4/93, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p35
Reports on the failure of consultants and money managers to react to the needs of nuclear decommissioning trusts. Lack of consultants' resources to understand the liabilities and tax aspects of these funds; Difference from pension funds; Need for a set of good benchmarks that track taxable...
- Nuclear decom 98: Vital briefing on current thinking. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p54
Reports on an international conference on decommissioning in the nuclear industry entitled `Nuclear Decom 98' on December 2-3, 1997 in England. Nuclear Energy Committee as conference organizer; Focus on achievement of minimum cost decommissioning strategies; Other topics for discussion; Contact...
- Erratum. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Feb2013, Issue 229, p33
A correction to the article "The safe decommissioning of World War II chemical weapons facilities," that was published in the December 2012 issue, is presented.
- Decontamination and decommissioning seminar. // Power Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p8
Presents the Radiological Decontamination and Decommissioning (RD&D) seminar sponsored by the American Society for Testing and Materials on RD&D for nuclear facilities and research, test and power reactors. Venue; Details of the seminar.
- Decommissioning nuclear facilities. // International Power Generation;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
Provides information pertaining to the decommissioning of nuclear facilities. Three stages of decommissioning, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency; Cost and finance; International cooperation; Considerable experience gained in decommissioning various types of nuclear facilities.
- Energy Co. Turns On Manager Searches. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p2
Announces that Conectiv is searching for equity and fixed-income managers to handle its nuclear decommissioning trust fund. Requirement for managers; Schedule for the submission of proposals.
- Robotic wrecking crew. // Popular Mechanics;Jan94, Vol. 171 Issue 1, p14
Features the robot named Workhorse which serves as a testbed for intelligent decommissioning machines. Features; Development of supervisory-control protocols to enhance remote operation.
- Demolition begins at Dounreay. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the start of the demolition of the nuclear fuel production facility in Dounreay, Scotland. Officials said it is the oldest and most hazardous such site in Great Britain. The decommissioning and clean-up of the site is not expected to be completed until 2033, after which...