Puerto Rico Could See a $445 Million Deficit
- Don't expect a sales tax this year. Rosa, Ta�na; Oliver-M�ndez, Ken // Caribbean Business;5/18/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p24
The article reports on the possibility that there will no implementation of sales tax in Puerto Rico. According to Treasury Secretary Juan Carlos M�ndez, the funds that will be used for implementing the sales tax have been taken away. The first phase for the sales tax implementation needs 21...
- Impetus for a new Treasury Department. Oliver^Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;8/3/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p32
No abstract available.
- More than 300,000 businesses registered with Treasury. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;1/18/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the registration of more than 300,000 businesses in the Treasury Department in Puerto Rico. According to Treasury Secretary Juan Carlos M�ndez, the magnitude of the economy has been the most dramatic changes in the country's tax system. He added that the data that they...
- Commonwealth revenues expected to reach $8.899 billion in fiscal 2007. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;9/28/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the 4.1 percent increase of commonwealth revenues from $8.545 billion in 2006. Juan Carlos Méndez, secretary of the Puerto Rico Department of Treasury, said that commonwealth revenues are expected to reach $8.899 billion in fiscal year 2007. Mendez added that public...
- Treasury sticks with FY '10 revenue forecast despite missing mark in March. Mead, Kevin // Caribbean Business;5/13/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p42
The article forecasts the general fund net revenue of Puerto Rico for the first nine months of fiscal 2010. According to Puerto Rico's Treasury Department, Puerto Rico will have a total net revenue of 5.15 billion dollars. It states that individual and corporate income taxes will contribute to...
- Treasury Department chooses PeopleSoft. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;10/15/98, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p46
Reports that PeopleSoft software solutions has been chosen by the Treasury Department of Puerto Rico for the administration of five government agencies. Intention of the departments decision; Information on PeopleSoft; Indication that the technology is based on the client/server architecture;...
- Tax debtors to be offered incentives during 90-day window. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p13
Reports that the Treasury Department of Puerto Rico will provide a package of special incentives to individual and corporate taxpayers who have outstanding debts. Options for lowering current interest and penalty payments on outstanding debt; Details of the incentive.
- Reimbursement regulation for vehicle expenses deemed bureaucratic. CARMONA, JOS� L. // Caribbean Business;2/7/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p23
The article offers information on the Regulation 8297 issued by Puerto Rico Treasury Department regarding taxation of reimbursed automobile expense deduction which was considered as bureaucratic by the business industry.
- CHISMES. // Caribbean Business;7/1/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p46
The article offers news briefs in Puerto Rico including the performance of the Treasury Department in keeping its promise to try to collect back tax debt, the closure of Pan Doblao, the new and used automobile dealer on 65th Infantry Avenue in R�o Piedras, and the hold of the plan of Walt...