GAO Recommends Better Procedures for Reading First
- Working as a Recruiter at For-Profit University? Coutts, Sharona // Pro Publica;1/ 3/2010, p16
The article presents a list of resources and documents including the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) Report on the Recovery Act, an interactive map of projects by state and by county along with their estimated value, and the breakdowns and analysis of education funding.
- Legislative Update: GAO Report Finds Significant Overlap in Federal STEM Education Programs. // NSTA Express;1/30/2012, p1
The article reports that according to a report by the U.S. Government Accounting Office (GAO), there has been overlap in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education programs in the country in 2010.
- State Pushes to pump up physical education in schools. Howard, Patrick // Michigan Citizen;4/29/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 25, pA5
The article presents the study conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) which highlights the declining frequency of physical education classes in Detroit, Michigan.
- SCHOOL FUNDING. A. R. // Education Week;8/10/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p4
The article discusses the report "Disadvantaged Students: School Districts Have Used Title I Funds Primarily to Support Instruction" by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- GAO Urges Better Oversight Of Voucher Program in D.C. Samuels, Christina A. // Education Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recommendation that the Washington Scholarship Fund tighten its oversight of Washington D.C.'s federally-funded educational voucher program. Program administrators say the GAO's report contains inaccuracies and does not take...
- Most States Have Confirmed Cheating on Tests, GAO Says. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;6/5/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p16
The article discusses a May 2013 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GOA) about states' confirmation of cheating by school officials and the connection between cheating and rewards, adapted from a May 2013 blog post by Catherine Gewertz on the issue's "Curriculum Matters" blog.
- Telecommunications: German DTV Transition Differs from U.S. Transition in Many Respects, but Certain Key Challenges Are Similar: GAO-04-926T. Goldstein, Mark L. // GAO Reports;7/21/2004, p1
In Berlin, Germany, the transition from analog to digital television (DTV), the DTV transition, culminated in the shutoff of analog television signals in August 2003. As GAO previously reported, the December 2006 deadline for the culmination of the DTV transition in the United States seems...
- Joint Commission under fire. Robeznieks, Andis // Modern Healthcare;1/22/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on a new report published by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) reaffirming some concerns about the Joint Commission's relationship with its consulting subsidiary, Joint Commission Resources (JCR), though the commission itself views the report as validation of a...
- New Report Finds Significant Overlap in Federal STEM Education Programs. // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;3/12/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p31
The article discusses a 2012 report published by the U.S. Government Accountability Office which explored efficacy of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education programs.