January Is Slow Start to Year; PreK-12 Sales Decline 18.7%
- China, India Emerge as Textbook Markets and Production Sites. // Educational Marketer;4/2/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the development of the textbook market in China and India. It has been expected by American publishers are the sales growth in the school and higher education markets in India, China and Latin America. Publishers expect the demand for skills, as emerging economies continue...
- It might be time to price textbooks by the pound. Davis, Jeff // Malakoff News (TX);11/6/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 45, p4B
The article presents the author's insights on the publishing of new editions textbooks.
- College Pubs Cooperate on New Digital Text Sampling. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the support of college textbook publishers to CourseSmart, a new venture that will provide a single platform for faculty to sample digital textbooks and students to purchase them. It involves the idea to facilitate marketing efforts and the sales process for digital texts....
- College Textbook Sales Increase 22.4% To $202.3M In November. // Educational Marketer;1/24/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the increased sales for college textbooks in November 2004 in the U.S. Rate of increase; Consistency of the posted net sales with publishers' projections.
- Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/18/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the expectation that K-12 math textbook adoption will be one of the largest sales in 2010 for publishers in Florida.
- A New Era at Thames & Hudson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 30, p10
The article focuses on the U.S. division of the British publishing company Thames & Hudson, which specializes in illustrated books. A strong increase in revenue for the division in its fiscal year ending March 31, 2013 is examined, and largely attributed to its sales of college textbooks for art...
- CNH predict tractors sales to grow 10pc. O'Keeffe, Matt // Irish Farmers Monthly;Feb2007, p58
The article reports on the worldwide forecast on sales of new tractors in 2007 by CNH, owner of CaseIH and New Holland. According to the forecast, sales of such product will rise by up to 10%, where the largest boost is seen in North American and European markets with 20% increase. By horsepower...
- USING INDEXES IN THE COMPLEX ANALYSIS OF SALES TURNOVER. Dincă, Marius Sorin; Dinca, Gheorghiţa // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2011, Vol. 4, p193
In the current economic context, the importance of the sales turnover measure has increased considerably, given the difficulties associated with the increase of the market share and with getting new clients. In what follows we will try to analyze the complex relation between the evolution of...
- Wiley Higher Ed Revenue Jumps 18% in Fiscal 2010. // Educational Marketer;7/ 5/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the growth of revenue in the Higher Education division at John Wiley & Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey by 18.1% in fiscal 2010. The continued enrollment in the college market as well as a strong front list and growth in digital sales have contributed to the year-over-year...