Money to Burn
- Should the individual voting records of central bankers be published? Gersbach, Hans; Hahn, Volker // Social Choice & Welfare;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p655
We examine whether the publication of the individual voting records of central-bank council members is socially beneficial when the public is unsure about the efficiency of central bankers and central bankers are angling for re-appointment. We show that publication is initially harmful since it...
- Investment bankers directory. Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;9/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p19
This article presents a directory of investment bankers in alphabetical order. This directory is not comprehensive. Specializing in corporate finance. Excludes public finance, support staff and investment research analysts.
- An evaluation of investment banker acquisition advice: The shareholders' perspective. Michel, Allen; Shaked, Israel; You-Tay Lee // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer1991, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
The article presents an evaluation of investment banker acquisition advice. The recent wave of corporate acquisitions has brought renewed focus on the role of investment bankers in the acquisition process. While much has been written in the literature about the characteristics of mergers and...
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;11/1/33, Vol. 76 Issue 987, p333
Analyzes the prospects and consequence of Securities Act, which passed to protect the public from the depredations of those unscrupulous bankers who passed off on the American people the kind of paper which has been described in the recent Senate investigation of Dillon, Read and Co. and Chase...
- The view from above. Klein, Sarah A. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p28
The article presents information on the business deals organized by investment banker Jeffrey Golman for Mesirow Financial Holdings Inc. Golman knows that some of the deals he structures to sell companies conflict with what's best for workers. Selling the jewel in Montgomery Ward & Co.'s...
- Making the Most Of Upcoming Wealth Transfers. Abrams, Michael N.; Morgan, Mark T. // American Banker;9/8/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 173, p10
The article focuses on opportunities that exist for investment bankers as the baby boom generation begins to retire. The author discusses how transfers from one class of assets to another are expected to increase dramatically. For example, by some estimates, transfers of business equity alone...
- The Latest Fancy Footwork in Private Financing Deals. McGee, Suzanne // Inc.;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p91
Deals with the terms and conditions that a company owner must address in looking for private financing. Purpose of liquidation preferences; Importance of preferred equity to investors; Role of investment banker in the financing deals.
- Killer memos and other deadly sins. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Sep94, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p104
Discusses the threats posed by written memos to banks during court litigation. Dana Eddy's speech on the dangers of written memos at the American Bankers Association's National Regulation Compliance Conference; Reasons for writing memos; Maintenance of the memo's privacy.
- The Match Game. McGee, Suzanne // Inc.;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on the new boutique investment bankers that offer themselves to privately held companies, as of April 2003. Benefits of investment banks to business; Role of investment banks in the success of Concepts in Optics; Factors considered in hiring a banker.