- Volumes Surge Causes Glitch--Just Like Home. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;05/01/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the temporary systems failure experienced by the Montreal Exchange in Montreal, Quebec, due to increased trading volume. Migration of listings from the Toronto Stock Exchange to the Montreal Exchange; Toronto Stock Exchange's exit from the futures and options business following a...
- Montreal Exchange to keep small-cap stocks. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;11/15/99, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p33
Cites the agreement of Canada's four principal stock exchanges to amend their realignment plan to allow the Montreal Exchange (ME) to continue trading Quebec-based, small-capitalization stocks. Plan of ME to exit all equities activity in favor of exclusive futures and options trading; Creation...
- Plan in place to save equities transactions in Montreal. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;11/01/99, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the plan that could keep small-capital equities trading on the Montreal, Quebec board. Quebec government opposition to the migration of the Montreal Exchange to a dedicated futures and options market; Expected operational efficiencies at the consolidated Western venture exchange;...
- Radianz Signs Three Marts For Its Financial Extranet. // Securities Industry News;10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
Reports the selection of Chicago Stock Exchange, Boston Stock Exchange and the Montreal Exchange of Radianz' global financial extranet. Reliance of Montreal and Boston exchanges on other network providers; Plan of Montreal at providing physical 'points of presence' in locations where there is...
- Reality May Be Sinking Equities In Montreal. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/04/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p22
Reports on the defection of companies on Montreal Exchange's (ME) equities board to the Canadian Venture Exchange (CDNX). Stock exchanges which merged to form CDNX; Refusal to establish a branch of the exchange in Quebec; Retention by ME of small-cap listings.
- Looking for Mr. Goodtrader. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov94, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p18
Reports on efforts of stock exchanges in three cities to woo traders. Incentives offered by the Montreal Exchange, the Sydney Futures Exchange and the Commerzbank in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Fishing trip: Canada's markets luring investors. Kharouf, Jim // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on Canada's financial futures markets in Montreal Exchange (ME) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) in 1998. Status of the nation in the three-month Bax futures; Percentage of market volatility in Canada; Discussion on the technology in Toronto.
- Montreal's Globex decision may orphan TSE system. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;10/04/99, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p4
Comments on the effect of Montreal Exchange's decision to join Globex Alliance on the futures and options system the exchange was to receive from the Toronto Stock Exchange. Expected movement of Sweden's OM Click system from Toronto to Montreal; Importance of agreement among the exchanges that...
- Sleep Country Income Fund hikes cash distribution 10.6%. // Furniture/Today;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p79
The article reports that Sleep Country Income Fund, owner of bedding specialty retailer Sleep Country Canada Inc., has approved a 10.6 per cent increase in its monthly cash distribution to holders of trust units. With 91 stores in seven regional markets, Sleep Country is Canada's largest...