SBC Now Part Of Dow Industrial Index
- The Old Dow Versus The New Dow. Carrigan, Bill // Canadian MoneySaver;Jun2015, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the conditions of Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJII), an international stock group in the modern investing world. An overview on the targeted stock market activity of Dow in the U.S. benchmark and industrial sector, is provided. Also highlighted is the Dow transformation...
- The Dow dumps its dogs. Pethokoukis, James M. // U.S. News & World Report;11/08/99, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p87
Reports 1999 changes made to the Dow Jones industrial average. Removal of Chevron, Goodyear, Union Carbide and Sears, Roebuck; Addition of Microsoft, Intel, SBC Communications and Home Depot; Effects of the changes on the Dow's performance; Outlook.
- Dow Jones industrial average becomes much less industrial. Auer // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p40A
Focuses on the evolution of Dow Jones industrial average (DJIA) in Indiana. Companies belonging to the DJIA group; Merger between SBC Communications Inc. and Ameritech Corp.; Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s as the DJIA group's smallest company in market value.
- WALL STREET. Kalwarski, Tara // Money;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p86
Presents four charts that highlight the performance of financial markets through March 2005. Decline in six benchmark indexes, including the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Standard & Poor's 500; Consideration of the highest-yielding Dow stocks, such as General Motors and SBC...
- DOWN & OUT. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;4/5/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p18
Comments on the delisting of AT&T from the Dow Jones Industrial stock index. Reasons for its delisting; Perceived outdated services provided by the telecommunication company; Efforts of AT&T to modernize and improve its services with the launching of its Voice over Internet Protocol service.
- SBC COMMUNICATIONS LAUNCHES WEB TOOL FOR PHONE SERVICE. // RBOC Update;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the online tool launched by SBC Communications Corp. to help speed up service orders for new customers in its SBC Pacific Bell, SBC Ameritech regions and SBC Southwestern Bell. Suggestions to help consumers better manage a move to the states these regions serve; Advantage of...
- MIAC CLAIMS SBC SQUASHING COMPETITION IN MICHIGAN. // RBOC Update;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports that the SBC Michigan local phone operations are among the most profitable in the nation contrary to its statements to Michigan's news media, according to the Michigan Alliance for Competitive Telecommunications. Data provided by Jerry Finefrock of Hamtramck-based LDMI, a phone company...
- SBC Ameritech requests new line-lease rate. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p5
Reports on SBC Communication Inc.'s proposal to the Federal Communications Commission on modified line-lease rates as per which the local phone service providers who want to lease all of SBC Ameritech Michigan's network elements would pay 26 dollars a line. Criteria for the use of the...
- SBC's one-stop package includes entertainment services. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p11
Reports on SBC Communications Inc.'s introduction of a telecommunication and entertainment service package in the United States. Key components of the package; Price ranges; Availability of the services.