Wireless Learns Scam Controls
- Check it out. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p1
Offers tips on how companies can avoid fraud involving checks and bills. Use of magnifying glass to examine the bills and checks; Printing of checks on controlled paper; Added security features for checks; Special bank account called positive way; Ethics education.
- Scam Alert: Production Companies Beware! // FRONT of HOUSE;Oct2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
The article offers tips on how to prevent from being fooled by scams by checking references and insurance certificates and be smart enough especially in lucrative sounding offers.
- Scouting out wealth-building scams. Jackson, Monica Y.; Brown, Monique R. // Black Enterprise;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p147
Warns the public on the existence of business-opportunity scams. Discussion on the Nigerian money offer scam; Types of fraudulent entrepreneurial ventures; Characteristics of a business scam; Cautions to avoid such scams.
- Tips to avoid scams targeting seniors. // Jewish Advocate;4/12/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 15, p17
The article presents tips to prevent lottery scams or advance fee frauds originating in Jamaica.
- If it sounds too good... Hayden, Vern C. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/2/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p4
The author discusses tips to avoid financial scams in investment business which include checking people via Google and USSearch.com to avoid what he calls affinity fraud, never deal a check to an investment adviser, and verifying performance numbers of the investment.
- Get rich quick schemes move to social media. watson, bob // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/28/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on get rich schemes that target a younger crowd via social media sites like Instagram and Facebook as of August 2014, describes how the money flipping scams work, and offers tips in avoiding them.
- Exercise caution to prevent being 'Clickjacked'. watson, bob // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);7/11/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p4
The article offers the author's advice on the prevention of clickjacking which he considers the art of hiding a scam in plain sight that can affect computer users.
- Scam rates through the roof. NASH, STEPH // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2015, Issue 182, p37
The article reports on the data released by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's ScamWatch website which show rise in the number of financial scams in Australia between January and June 2015 and suggests ways to prevent from becoming a victim of scams.
- Scam-Proof Your Life. Zoellner, Tom // Men's Health;May99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p90
Provides tips on how to avoid swindlers. Fees charged during cancellation of gym membership; Hidden commissions of stockbrokers; Balance transfers of credit cards.