Convergence Comes Calling... For Paging
- Motorola FLEXes Beefy Paging Muscle. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p30
Reports on the efforts of Motorola in promoting its FLEX and reflex instant messaging services in the United States. Difference of the two technologies; Remarks from Cynthia Hswe, senior analyst at Strategis Group; Terms of the agreement between Motorola and Glenayre Technologies Inc.; forecast...
- Paging concentrator boosts profits for paging resellers. Zheng, Bailey // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p31
Cites the benefits of using the Telocator Network Paging Protocol networking and a paging concentrator on resellers. Maintenance of systems and trunks; Resellers' total control over their customers; Creation of additional revenue from other value-added services; Advantage of its networking...
- Sending TNPP over paging control links. Anderson, Phil; Young, James // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p60
Discusses the transmission of Telocator Network Paging Protocol (TNPP) data over paging control links. Description of TNPP; Multiple paging providers' merger and uplinking of traffic; Historic use of control links; Use of modern digital control links; Functions of the TNPP link modem; Modem...
- High speed paging continues to flourish. // Telecom Asia;Apr96, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the increase in profile of Motorola's Flex paging protocol. Licensing and manufacturing agreements.
- Paging's spring has sprung. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;07/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p44
Focuses on the status of the paging industry from 1980 to 1998. How paging benefited from cellular's success; Sales and operating profit of Motorola; Paging companies in the United States that reported considerable loss; Competition of the paging industry with terrestrial mobile data and...
- Motorola develops reflex upgrade. // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p8
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s introduction of an upgrade to its ReFLEX technology for two-way paging.
- Motorola pushes envelope on two-way paging wares. Moore, Mark // PC Week;5/6/96, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p1
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s plans to launch a new line of two-way wireless paging systems. Features of the paging systems; Launching of narrow-band personal communications system (NB-PCS) networks to support the devices.
- MOTOROLA SHIPS MILLIONTH REFLEX PROTOCOL MESSAGE DEVICE. // Computer Protocols;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Motorola Inc. has shipped over one million messaging devices based on its ReFLEX protocol.
- Motorola to improve the security of NB-PCS nets. Moore, Mark // PC Week;9/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p40
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s Flex high-speed wireless messaging protocols. Set of integrated circuit architectures; Elliptic Curve Cryptosystem.