- Cheaper HighwayMaster. // Overdrive;May98, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p94
Introduces the Series 3000 wireless telecommunication system for truckers from HighwayMaster. Capabilities of the communication system; Features of the Series 3000; Price of the product.
- HighwayMaster's New Course Yields Results. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;08/23/99, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the outcome of the cost-cutting, product expansion and management changes instigated by HighwayMaster Communications Inc., a company which supplies mobile communications to the long-haul trucking industry in the United States. Net income reported by the company for the second-quarter...
- Europe heading for 'complete mobile penetration' // Precision Marketing;5/13/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the projected penetration rate of mobile phone system in Europe. Factors fueling active penetration; Impact on telecommunication revenue.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
Presents updates on the wireless communications industry in the United States (U.S.) as of November 12, 2001. Request granted by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia regarding the reviews of government's grant on AirCell Inc. to provide airborne cellular services; Registration...
- SmartServ partners with N.A. carrier for financial messaging. // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p19
Reports on the partnership entered by SmartServ Online Inc. with a North American wireless carrier. Purpose of the deal; Benefits of the Power by SmartServ applications.
- Sweeping back the veil for a closer look at India's handset market. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p40
The article focuses on the handset market in India. In December 2005, more than 4.5 million Indians bought handsets and service. The relationship of LG Electronics Co. Ltd. with Indian CDMA carrier Reliance and the carrier's promotions are credited for making India a key market for the South...
- AT&T Becomes The Official Wireless Provider For U.S. Disney Parks. // 2.5G-4G;Jul2013, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the partnership between AT&T and Disney Parks in which AT&T will be the official wireless provider for Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in 2013.
- The Forecast: Mostly Sunny. Larson, Paul // Newsweek;2/12/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the wireless communication services industry in the United States. Growth of the industry; Biggest competitors, including Verizon Wireless, Cingular, AT&T Wireless, Sprint PCS, and Alltel; Outlook for profitability in light of debt they have acquired while purchasing frequencies;...
- More Carriers Begin Implementing SMS Interoperability. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the trend of offering intercarrier text messaging among wireless communication carriers in the U.S. Examples of carriers that are planning and have implemented intercarrier text messaging; Factor that has acted as a primary barrier to the widespread adoption of short messaging...