Mannesmann Makes Bold Bid For Orange
- The future's not so bright for Orange as bid battle intensifies. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;11/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p25
Probes the problems faced by Hong Kong-based mobile phone operator Orange. Waning of hopes for a buyout by German media company Mannesman; Vodafone Air Touch's offering to acquire Mannesmann; Competition regulators' expected blocking of Mannesman's ownership of Orange if it merges with Vodafone.
- Orange boss set to net ...m share deal over buyout. // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p7
Discloses the financial benefits that Orange Co.'s senior marketer, Richard Brennan, is expected to reap if the company's takeover by German telecommunications company Mannesmann goes ahead. Implications for Orange's management structure.
- Orange takeover shows how it pays to advertise. // Campaign (UK);10/29/99, Issue 43, p35
Comments on Mannesmann's takeover of the mobile telephone company Orange. Acquisition price; Investments made by Orange in advertising.
- European Hostility. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the acquisition of Britain's Vodafone AirTouch by Mannesmann of Germany. Impact of the deal on international investors' perceptions about Europe and the corporate management; Opinion of foreign companies on takeover attacks in Europe.
- Weird Handshakes And Kisses: Welcome To The Wireless Fold. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Deals with several issues related to the consolidation of Vodafone AirTouch plc and Mannesmann AG. Remarks from Mike Caldwell, Vodafone's chief spokesman; Reasons as to why Telefonica de Espana and British Telecom cancelled their proposed merger deal; Cultural implications of the deal.
- Polemics And Posturing Near The Takeover Front. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the deadline set for the buy out offered by Vodafone AirTouch PLC for Mannesmann AG. Information on the wireless Internet portal architecture planned by Vodafone.
- Wireless Wonder! Guyon, Janet // Fortune;2/21/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p44
Describes the significance of the Mannesmann merger with Vodafone AirTouch. The company's position as the largest mobile operator; How the deal could set off a wave of foreign investments into Germany.
- Vodafone AirTouch, Mannesmann compete for shareholder support. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p8
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch plc's continuation of its efforts to win support for its hostile takeover bid for German firm Mannesmann AG. Road show initiated by Mannesmann executives aimed at convincing shareholders to reject the bid; Other strategies resorted to by Mannesmann to prevent the...
- A Vodacious Deal. Wallace, Charles P.; Schenker, Jennifer // Time;
Reports on the merger of German telecommunications firm, Mannesmann, and British wireless provider, Vodafone. Why the Mannesmann deal received so much attention; Value of the deal; Number of subscribers and countries that will be served.