Tauzin Suggests FCC Inspires Fear
- Tauzin slams FCC, promises reforms. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the plan of Representative Billy Tauzin to deliver a reform package to eliminate the United States Federal Communications Commission's merger-review authority. Time limits on license-transfer approvals; Abuse of the power of the agency.
- FCC in direct line of fire from Hill. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p19
Reports on United States Representative Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce legislation seeking to reduce the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) powers. Other lawmakers who plan to support Tauzin's campaign to restrict the FCC's policy-making authority.
- Back to the drawing board. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;05/24/99, Vol. 236 Issue 21, p68
Reports the reorganization plans of the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Information on the legislation introduced by US Representative Billy Tauzin; Functions of FCC; Telecommunication mergers approved by the FCC since 1996.
- Tauzin begins march to FCC reform. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p22
Reports on United States House telecommunications subcommittee chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce legislation to reform the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Anger over the FCC's implementation of the Telecommunication Act of 1996; Initial bipartisan support for FCC reform;...
- Shaking down telecom merger applicants. Rohde, David // Network World;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Comments on the dispute between United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman William Kennard and Representative Billy Tauzin, head of the House subcommittee that oversees the FCC. Impact of the dispute on Internet service providers in the US; Dispute over the handling of...
- TAUZIN TAKES ON FCC. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;02/07/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 48, p15
Reports on United States House Commerce Committee Chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce legislation aimed at reforming the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Lawmakers' disappointment over the FCC's handling of the AOL Time Warner union; Tauzin's proposal to prohibit the FCC from...
- FCC Finds Time To Take Stock. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the meeting between Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the heads of the bureaus of the FCC to discuss the needs of the agency. Criticism of Representative Billy Tauzin (R-La.) against the agency; Problems of the wireless bureau;...
- Tauzin asks FCC to delay move. // Electronic Media;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p1
States that Representative Billy Tauzin, Republican for Louisiana asked the United States Federal Communications Commission to delay plans to move a building until it has been thoroughly investigated. Additional information on the investigation.
- FCC responds to Tauzin with 800 MHz data. // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p5
Discusses the response of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to Representative Billy Tauzin (R-La.), chairman of the House Commerce Committee, and others regarding the requested detailed accounting of the licensees in the 800 megahertz band on July 26, 2002.