Wireless Internet Services Bound For Glory
- Partnerships Plant Seeds of Innovation. Kapko, Matt // Television Week;9/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p18
The article presents information on a survey that lists the most communicative wireless communications carriers with their partners in entertainment. Verizon Wireless got the most nods for its entertainment and programming lineup. Both Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp. stand out as...
- Sprint PCS adds to wireless Web offerings. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p14
Announces Sprint PCS' partnership with there companies to provide additional services for its wireless Web offering.
- Wireless Details: Execs Chat Up Sprint-Cable Venture. // CableFAX Daily;9/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 183, p1
The article reports on the business projects of the Sprint Nextel cable joint venture in the U.S. A confirmation from Sprint Nextel CEO Gary Forsee stated that the joint venture is on testing wireless services in various markets. In a conference sponsored by Goldman Sachs, Forsee emphasized...
- LBS turning into more than just directions. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p13
The article reports on the efforts of mobile LBS application developers to differentiate themselves and attract users by adding content such as buddy-finding features, traffic locations and restaurant reviews. TeleNav has partnered with several wireless service providers such as Sprint Nextel...
- â€¦ETCâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p8
The article presents wireless news briefs. Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony has launched a mobile portal called Melo Mobile. The Manned Parenthood Federation of America has teamed up with Working Assets to provide wireless service to its supporters through a mobile virtual network operator...
- Cox offers bundle via Sprint Nextel. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p21
The article reports that Cox Communications has launched converged services in partnership with Sprint Nextel Corp. The basic outline of the product is the same as the offerings from the other cable companies. According to Cox, it will introduce additional converged services during the year...
- Airing Corporate E-Mail. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p16
Details the plan of IBM Corp. and Sprint PCS to jointly develop and test wireless business services. How IBM will make its products work with Spring PCS; How the Wireless Web Connection service works.
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.