FBI Demands Access To New VoiceStream
- Omnipoint Takeout Should Roam to a Close. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p1
Reports the possible success of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. despite the petition of Qualcomm Inc. Argument of Qualcomm; Terms of the deal.
- VoiceStream anxiously waits for gov't approvals on mergers. Luna, Lynette // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p5
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless Inc. is waiting for government approvals for its pending mergers with Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. Companies that filed protests with the United States Federal Communications Commission against Omnipoint's license transfer to VoiceStream;...
- A Deal, With Conditions. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the consolidation deal between VoiceStream Wireless company and Omnipoint Corp. Overview of the terms of the deal; Implication of the deal; Impact of the deal on Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. in Hong Kong; Views of the United States Federal Communications Commission.
- PCS companies file merger proxy. // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports that personal communication system providers, Voicestream Wireless Corp., Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. have merged their operations.
- Omnipoint revenues double, loss improves. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p34
Reports that Omnipoint Corp.'s revenues reached $89.7 million for the quarter ended June 30, 1999, more than 100% increase in the same period in 1998. July 1999 announcement of merger plans with VoiceStream Wireless.
- Give Me a Break. Wicham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;03/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
Presents update on telecommunications in the United States as of March 1, 2000. Information on a landline telephone number crisis in Kansas; Concerns voiced by the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation over international mergers in telecommunication; Use of...
- VoiceStream Rings Up Chase BofA. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;10/25/99, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the arrangement of a credit facility supporting the acquisition of Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Arrangers of the deal; Benefit of the acquisition for VoiceStream; Companies that will invest in VoiceStream after its acquisition of...
- VoiceStream secures $3B bank loan. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p19
Reports that the wholly owned subsidiaries of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Omnipoint Corp. have secured a bank loan, according to Standard & Poor's Corp. Amount of the loan; Expected completion of VoiceStream's merger with Omnipoint in spring 2000; VoiceStream's plan to acquire Aerial...
- Deutsche Telekom makes U.S. move. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the agreement of Deutsche Telekom (DT) to pay for VoiceStream Wireless company in the United States. Expectation of analysts on the acquisition deal; Comments by DT Chairman Ron Sommer on the deal; Speculation about DT.