Wireless Usage Skyrockets, Bills Inch Up
- Survey Sez: U.S. Wireless Data In, Wireless Voice Out. // CT Daily;5/2/2013, p1
The article discusses the findings of a survey conducted by the Cellular Telephone Industry Association (CTIA) in Washington. As per the survey, the U.S. wireless carriers increased their annual network investments from 25.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2011 to 30.1 billion U.S. dollars in 2012. The...
- Ideas Abound AT WirelessAgenda. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p20
Previews the WirelessAgenda conference sponsored by the CTIA which will be held on May 15, 2001 in Dallas, Texas. Expected attendance to the conference; Speakers at the conference; Issues related to the wireless industry which will be discussed in the conference.
- Super Mobility 2015 Not Forgetting Retail. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/7/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p9
The article offers information on the CTIA-The Wireless Association's Super Mobility 2015 trade show to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 9-11.
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- Wireline replacement gains momentum. // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p18
Reports on the increase in the use of wireless telephones in households in the U.S., according to a study in 2002 by Solomon-Wolff Associates. Forecast on the use of wireless telephones; Cost of the wireless service; Average spending of companies for wireless service.
- Manufacturers Boost 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz Advertising. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p44
Presents statistical data on retail print advertising by mobile phone manufacturers, based on 2003 survey by Beyen International Market Research. Increase in the total retail print advertising; Decline in the advertised price of 2.4 gigahertz phones; Advertising frequency of phone...
- Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p10
Discusses the outlook of CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler on the market and technology conditions in wireless telecommunication industry as of September 17, 2001. Data Speed on wireless networks; Lobbying campaign for spectrum for data services; Book written by Wheeler.
- How to Answer When They Ask About Cancer. Kridel, Tim; Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p8
Reports on concerns on the cancer promoting effects of the electromagnetic radio signals emitted by wireless phones. Position of the CTIA on the cancer issues of wireless phones; Public awareness efforts made by CTIA regarding the safety of wireless phones; Renewed research commitment of CTIA on...
- CTIA Site Offers Research Reports. // Wireless Week;12/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p21
Announces that companies and individuals seeking research reports, studies or other information on the wireless industry can access the CTIA's WOW-COM Market Research Center site. How surfers can search information in the site; Market research firms participating in the project; Features of the...