Kennard Backs Subsidies
- The Internet Revolution. // Buildings;Sep2000, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p30
Presents an excerpt of a speech given by United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman William E. Kennard on July 24, 2000, which deals with telecommunications and the Internet.
- FCC chair announces plan to end regulated telecommunications. Graziano, Karen // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan1998, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p68
Discloses US Federal Communications Commission chairman William Kennard's desire to develop a plan, called Magna Carta for competition, that will end regulated telecommunications in the United States, according to a report from periodical `Communications Daily.' Need for states and the federal...
- FCC considers NPRM to change DE rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p3
Reports that United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman William Kennard has directed staff to release proposed rules that would allow large carriers to bid on some of the spectrum that will be re-auctioned.
- The FCC's fallen and can't get up. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p10
Editorial. Asserts that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) needs to be restructured. Criticisms about FCC Chairman William Kennard; Focus of the FCC under Kennard; Reason the FCC needs to be restructured.
- Kennard: Cable rates are too high. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p32
Reports on United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman William Kennard's speech on the fourth anniversary of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. High cable rates; Hope for a new satellite competition law that will check future increases; Trends in the local phone market;...
- Split decisions. Carroll, Kelly; Jackson, Donny // Telephony;10/30/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 18, p18
Focuses on the two conflicting rulings on whether General Wireless Inc., now Metro PCS should retain its spectrum assets without paying the full amount due to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Reaction of FCC Chairman William Kennard on the ruling; What would undermine...
- Who Knew What When? Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the denial of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to any spectrum pact forged with Nextel Communications Inc. Statement issued by FCC chairman William Kennard; Emphasis of money in the spectrum decision; House members who are not in favor of a senate...
- Shaking down telecom merger applicants. Rohde, David // Network World;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Comments on the dispute between United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman William Kennard and Representative Billy Tauzin, head of the House subcommittee that oversees the FCC. Impact of the dispute on Internet service providers in the US; Dispute over the handling of...
- BLECs beware. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/16/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 16, p12
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to prohibit carriers from signing commercial contracts that effectively exclude competition. Views of FCC chairman William Kennard on the need for the FCC ruling; Effect of the FCC ruling; Opposition of...