Lucent Delivers The Goods
- Changing of the guard. Davis, Stephania H. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p14
Reports on Lucent Technologies' naming of Richard McGinn as its new chairman. Company's plan to expand its involvement in the Internet protocol telephony; McGinn's responsibilities as chairman.
- New boss at Lucent. // Business News New Jersey;10/13/97, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p2
States that Richard McGinn, has been named as chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies. Reference to McGinn's previous occupation; Background on McGinn.
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;5/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p24
The article presents statistics related to the wireless communication sector in the U.S. as of May 2006. Telecom Trends International forecasts wireless handset revenue to increase at $130 billion in 2008. RadioShack Corp. reported an 85-percent decline in first-quarter profits due to the sale...
- EARNINGS. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p14
This article reports on the earnings posted by U.S. wireless carriers and manufacturers as of July 2006. The companies include Lucent Technologies Inc., Andrew Corp., Tellabs Inc., Siemens AG, Carder Access Corp., Alcatel SA. Future plans and earnings expectations are also discussed.
- Vendors earnings show prosperity, despair. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the first quarter profits posted by several wireless companies in the U.S. for the period ending January 2005. Qualcomm; Lucent; Motorola.
- Equipment biz back in favor. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the quarterly earnings of wireless equipment companies in 2003. Net income of Lucent Technologies Inc.; Net profit of Siemens AG; Increase in sales of Motorola Inc.
- China 3G delay blamed for sluggish earnings. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p6
This article offers update on the earnings reports of several wireless equipment vendors in the U.S. as of May 2006. The companies blamed third-generation (3G) pricing competition and China's 3G licensing delay for their sluggish financial performances. Companies affected by the licensing delay...
- Lucent brings McGinn to helm. // Telephony;10/13/97, Vol. 233 Issue 15, p18
Reports that Richard McGinn has succeeded Henry Schacht as chief executive officer of Lucent Technologies. Background information on McGinn and Schact.
- Lucent Misses the OC-192 Tide. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;10/30/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p1
Evaluates the state of the business of telecommunications systems company Lucent Technologies Inc. Dismissal of Chief Executive Officer Richard A. McGinn in October 2000; Earnings for the fourth quarter ended September 30, 2000; Performance of Lucent's microelectronics division.